Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

4 hours ago, CBBaron said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saguaro

I think that is a pretty average specimen. The grow over 40ft tall according to the link.

They do grow very slowly so that one is probably over 100years old.

Interesting. I definitely have not seen many 40 ft cactuses out here lol. While they may get that big, I wouldn't call 20 foot, 100yr old cactuses average... Makes me want to go check out some of the cactus preservations out here and see some of these 40ft monsters lol... I'd say the "average" cactus I see out here is 10ft or less.

I found this monster on Google, holy damn lol

Granddaddy.jpg

4 hours ago, motocat12 said:

anyone experience a jammed inline air gauge inflator? if i depress the valve at the end it lets out air but nothing connected when depressing the lever.

the brass plunger on the inflator has a divot on it.If i put a bb on top of the tire valve it then lets air through the connection. 

Speaking of toilet paper, I once bought some at the store forgetting I didn't have my body sized duffle bag and ended up riding home with my belt through the package/roll tubes and over my shoulder.

Which leads me to the excuse if a cop pulls you over while riding instead of sheltering. Trying to find a store not sold out of toilet paper.

13 hours ago, Tonik said:

And the motorcycle gets the best gas mileage out of all our vehicles.

Yeah if I am ever asked while I’m out in my motorcycle, I say I’m looking for hand sanitizer. Dollar stores can be in the middle of nowhere...

1 hour ago, CoDAF said:

I have ridden several times and I get waves and nods from Sherriffs. Are you guys really being stopped and questioned?

Obviously not in Ohio but I don't understand the shelter in place shit... Are yall not supposed to even be outside? It's odd here, they said shelter in place but then they encouraged people to get outside and explore nature as long as we keep 6ft apart.... So I'm not really sure wtf we're supposed to do... My job printed letters for "essential" workers to carry around but the governor is encouraging people to do things... It's fucking odd 

As for being stopped, I read that police pretty much aren't performing traffic stops right now unless you're being a shit head. I've been comfortably doing 20 over almost everywhere I go with no issue (even past cops)... Then again, the cops here are pretty chill about speeding even before this. 

We are the same... Stay in but go out for exercise and to support local food buisness.... Stay in but go check on family and neighbors.... takeout is now allowed to deliver top shelf drinks (or pickup)... 

When out stay 6 ft apart or go golfing... Because some how golfing is essential.

2 hours ago, motocat12 said:

On my way to mtb trails, close @6. car hauler hit the divider a short distance in front and traffic is parked. 

sat for 30 minutes until they opened up 1 lane. got to the trail and the ranger warned me they closed in 55 minutes. Blasted through all the cutoffs in 30 minutes.

Truck is still blocking the road. it was in the opposite direction and pushed the concrete barrier into the lanes in my direction.

image.png.7d9ea0e0bdd0a118157c0151fe2d1f8b.png

37 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Has anyone ever seen a belt with horizontal clips on it so you don't need to thread it all the way around?

Would it be mildly useful?

I actually have several of those belts. Unfortunately, clothing manufacturers have yet to produce the pants that use them.

53 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

I actually have several of those belts. Unfortunately, clothing manufacturers have yet to produce the pants that use them.

why wouldn't they work with normal belt loops? I'm imaging a belt that would hook to belt loops from the outside.

8 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

why wouldn't they work with normal belt loops? I'm imaging a belt that would hook to belt loops from the outside.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sansabelt

I'm showing my age by posting this link, but this product may solve your dilemma. BTW, I've never owned or worn these pants. They are too nerdy.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Passed a cop with a guy in a wheel chair "pulled over" in the turn lane of a busy 4 lane state route yesterday.

Was it a motorized chair? Ha. Ha.