Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

Yea, I forgot signature pictures even existed. I haven't used the desktop version since mobile rolled out. Who tf uses tablets? I bought a Samsung Note and it has basically replaced my computer except for doing school work (which I'm done with) and work work, which requires two monitors. 

Tim.... I think you're the one not with the times 😂

17 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Yea, I forgot signature pictures even existed. I haven't used the desktop version since mobile rolled out. Who tf uses tablets? I bought a Samsung Note and it has basically replaced my computer except for doing school work (which I'm done with) and work work, which requires two monitors. 

Tim.... I think you're the one not with the times 😂

Because I'm a slave to the man and thatswhat I have at work where I do most of my time wasting. Like right now. :D 

• Beer 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Pauly said:

All light switches should be dimmers. 

Couldn't agree more with this. Our house has dimmers on every light fixture except for the garage and outside. I can't stand going to my brother in law's home for holidays because it's lit up like a Home Depot store. Not a candle in sight.

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

I just want to find a balance between "not peeing on the floor" and "holy shit my eyes are melting". Sometimes a motherfucker has to piss at 3:00 am. 

A practical consideration, Pauly, but the dimmed lighting also is an advantage in that it helps you not to see the pee stains from all those times you missed the loo--and I'm sure there are many; I speak from experience here.

Here is a photo of our downstairs den on a typical winter evening. Warm, dim lighting. Snow falling outside, which often results in school cancellations and a corresponding increase in alcohol consumption. Fucking awesome.

20180915_202650.jpg

13 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

News traffic map just shows an accident. Must have been a fatality involved to close it down. 

one station says a pedestrian was hit on the ramp before the backup. waze shows 5 different accidents.

Edited by motocat12

On 8/24/2019 at 12:18 PM, motocat12 said:

According to the Solomon Curve, drivers traveling 5 mph (8 km/h) above the average speed of traffic are statistically the least likely to be involved in a crash while crash risk increases dramatically when traveling below the average speed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_curve

800px-Solomon_Curve.png

This is why riding a bicycle is much more dangerous than riding a motorcycle (on roads).

• Upvote 1

I’m at a high school right now for a volleyball tournament today. There’s a guy walking around trying to find who owns a black van because they parked it right in the middle of a motorcycle course they offer here. I guess the genius didn’t notice all the cones around the area where they have the course.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, durk said:

I’m at a high school right now for a volleyball tournament today. There’s a guy walking around trying to find who owns a black van because they parked it right in the middle of a motorcycle course they offer here. I guess the genius didn’t notice all the cones around the area where they have the course.

most realistic motorcycle course ever.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2