Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

24 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

Patching/paving roads in the middle of August comes to mind.

Nothing but respect for those guys. That's usually a entry level crew in the Construction world too. Those guys aren't even making the big bucks yet. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

On 7/31/2019 at 10:50 PM, MSerfozo said:

Going to Angkor Wat tomorrow!  It's been on my bucket list for a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Angkor_Wat.jpg

Wow, that's gonna be a long-assed ride on a moto. Can't wait to see that ride report. Don't forget to pack sunscreen and an M16.

3 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

Wow, that's gonna be a long-assed ride on a moto. Can't wait to see that ride report. Don't forget to pack sunscreen and an M16.

I wish I could do it on a moto.  Its 1:45 AM here in the airport at Kuala Lumpur.  Flight to Siem Reap leaves at 6:40.

Closest I'll get to riding a moto in Cambodia will be in the back of a tuk tuk.  :{)

24 minutes ago, MSerfozo said:

I wish I could do it on a moto.  Its 1:45 AM here in the airport at Kuala Lumpur.  Flight to Siem Reap leaves at 6:40.

Closest I'll get to riding a moto in Cambodia will be in the back of a tuk tuk.  :{

I've heard the food there is amazing.

As far as "tuk tuk" goes, I'd stay the hell away from it if I were you. Sounds obscene and potentially dangerous 😨

2 minutes ago, Qman said:

A long way and a LONG TIME!

By far, the hardest job I ever had was when I was an undergrad. I worked for a guy at a local airport taking pictures of people who were parachuting for the first time. I never knew where the hell they were going to come out of the plane, and had to run through a huge open field with a 35 mm camera and a zoom lens trying to get saleable pictures of these people before they landed. needless to say, by the end of that summer I was in the best physical shape I've ever been in my life 😅

On 8/3/2019 at 2:16 AM, SpecialEd said:

I've heard the food there is amazing.

As far as "tuk tuk" goes, I'd stay the hell away from it if I were you. Sounds obscene and potentially dangerous 😨

I'll see your tuk tuk and raise you a "Tomb Raider" tree and a Cambodian "gas station".

And, yes, the food was fantastic!

2019-08-05 13.31.41.jpg

2019-08-05 13.34.05.jpg

2019-08-05 10.05.06.jpg

Edited by MSerfozo
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

I'll see your tuk tuk and raise you a "Tomb Raider" tree and a Cambodian "gas station".

And, yes, the food was fantastic!

2019-08-05 13.31.41.jpg

2019-08-05 13.34.05.jpg

2019-08-05 10.05.06.jpg

Fuck the tuk tuk :lol:

Gasoline . . . in olive oil bottles. Wow. And I guess these people never heard of tending to landscaping before it consumed one's residence.

What was the best thing you ate there? I'm referring to food, of course 😅

Edited by SpecialEd

On 8/6/2019 at 5:29 AM, SpecialEd said:

Fuck the tuk tuk :lol:

Gasoline . . . in olive oil bottles. Wow. And I guess these people never heard of tending to landscaping before it consumed one's residence.

What was the best thing you ate there? I'm referring to food, of course 😅

I think those are old liquor bottles but I'm not sure if gas in a top shelf Bombay Sapphire bottle costs more...

We only had 2 dinners in Cambodia but the best was a fish curry with a coconut milk sauce with rice at a cool little neighborhood restaurant owned by a French expat and his Khmer wife.  She cooked and served and he walked around barefoot serving drinks and talking to customers.

We did take a photo of a German sausage and convinced friends that we were eating cobra!  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 2talltim said:

If by "nobody" you mean "guys that never use a computer"and by that you mean "you"... :lol: 

Looks like you’re the only one bubby.  I don’t really know anyone who uses a desktop anymore unless it’s for work.  

I have a laptop but I only do work stuff on it. My desktop is only for music and photo storage.  

8 hours ago, max power said:

Looks like you’re the only one bubby.  I don’t really know anyone who uses a desktop anymore unless it’s for work.  

I have a laptop but I only do work stuff on it. My desktop is only for music and photo storage.  

When I say desktop I mean the desktop version of the site. Usually I'm on a lop top or chrome book.