Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to ride a cruiser. Long story short - my brother in-law is out of town and needed me to load his Honda Shadow in the bed of his truck. I rode the thing from his drive to his side yard. It felt so weird to have my feet in front of me and my weight on my back side. The thing steered like a pig. No thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, durk said:

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to ride a cruiser. Long story short - my brother in-law is out of town and needed me to load his Honda Shadow in the bed of his truck. I rode the thing from his drive to his side yard. It felt so weird to have my feet in front of me and my weight on my back side. The thing steered like a pig. No thanks. 

I ride my wife's vstar every now and then just to remind myself why I hate them so much.

• Upvote 1

jury duty is the most inconvenient pain in the ass. It's not even me serving but my wife. Could not have picked a worse time and I'm not about this Harvey Weinstein style forcing upon us

6 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

jury duty is the most inconvenient pain in the ass. It's not even me serving but my wife. Could not have picked a worse time and I'm not about this Harvey Weinstein style forcing upon us

I don't mind it. My work has to pay me for it like a vacation day. Gives me something different to do other than my daily grind. But I don't have younglings at home like you do. 

19 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I don't mind it. My work has to pay me for it like a vacation day. Gives me something different to do other than my daily grind. But I don't have younglings at home like you do. 

I wouldn't mind it as much if they gave you a range of time and let you pick what works best. But the forceful nature and having 0 understanding of peoples lives is what pisses me off

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

I wouldn't mind it as much if they gave you a range of time and let you pick what works best. But the forceful nature and having 0 understanding of peoples lives is what pisses me off

Not sure how it works where you’re at but in my county they let you know ahead of time that you have been chosen to serve. With that notice they mention you can write in to request to be removed from the summons. I have written in 1 time and they sent a response to let me off. I didn’t have a wonderful excuse either it just was horrible timing for that time in my life. 

On 10/5/2018 at 10:49 AM, durk said:

Not sure how it works where you’re at but in my county they let you know ahead of time that you have been chosen to serve. With that notice they mention you can write in to request to be removed from the summons. I have written in 1 time and they sent a response to let me off. I didn’t have a wonderful excuse either it just was horrible timing for that time in my life. 

unfortunately does not work that way for the federal courts up here as we found out 

• 3 weeks later...