Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

3 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Has anyone ridden the winding road beside the New River Gorge Bridge?  Is it worth the time? Or should I just get back onto WV16 and keep heading to Marion, VA?

Yes, I have taken it and I think it is worth the detour. You can see the Bridge and Gorge from different angels. Great photo locations. Also on your way down to Marion, Do a quick lap around Burke's Garden. Interesting place with some history. YMMV

Edited by B-Mac
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Has anyone ridden the winding road beside the New River Gorge Bridge?  Is it worth the time? Or should I just get back onto WV16 and keep heading to Marion, VA?

Yes, several times. Very slow, and it is a single direction traffic for most of it. The views are nice, it's cool to just see the overall size of the bridge structure. You, being the bridge man your are, would enjoy it.

• Upvote 1

So my work is allowing 3rd shift to work 11p to 7a Wednesday morning for the holiday (the 4th) to give them the evening of the 4th off. (the 5th). Well my counter part on that shit just turned in a request for a pre planned Dr. appointment for the 4th of July. Which means I now have to come in and cover half his shift for the 4th (3a to 7a). So no holiday off for me :mad:.  He must have one of those rare  nocturnal Doctors that works Holidays. :rant: 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Confused 1

On 6/28/2018 at 11:43 AM, B-Mac said:

Yes, I have taken it and I think it is worth the detour. You can see the Bridge and Gorge from different angels. Great photo locations. Also on your way down to Marion, Do a quick lap around Burke's Garden. Interesting place with some history. YMMV

On 6/28/2018 at 12:57 PM, JustinNck1 said:

Yes, several times. Very slow, and it is a single direction traffic for most of it. The views are nice, it's cool to just see the overall size of the bridge structure. You, being the bridge man your are, would enjoy it.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Both of these detours were worth it.   I like the road into Burke's Garden (SR623). 

42 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

What brand of brake oil is that? Seems there has to be an outside cause.  

24 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

OEM Harley Davidson. I'd say it has never been changed.

Looks more like someone mixed DOT3/4/5.1 with DOT5. It coagulates like that. Pretty sure Harley OEM brake fluid is DOT5 which is silicone based. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Casper said:

Looks more like someone mixed DOT3/4/5.1 with DOT5. It coagulates like that. Pretty sure Harley OEM brake fluid is DOT5 which is silicone based. 

Harley models vary from one to the other on brake fluid, DOT5 is used on non-abs models, though some non-abs models call for DOT4.

24 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Harley models vary from one to the other on brake fluid, DOT5 is used on non-abs models, though some non-abs models call for DOT4.

That'd make sense. Harley didn't have ABS in 2006 (as far as I remember) and I've never worked on an ABS Harley. :) 

On 7/3/2018 at 11:03 PM, JustinNck1 said:

2006 bike with 12k miles. Remember to flush your brake fluid folks.

20180703_225951.thumb.jpg.d375d008206ebd7cf5f60cad79ea8d9c.jpg

20180703_230134.thumb.jpg.e87a9ac641c51bbfff456ea11420b56f.jpg

Bet those calipers are completely fucked and in need of rebuild 

7 hours ago, Howabusa said:

Of course you do. Just because your Tonik.

No, because I'm Dave's dad who is partners with a good friend of the owner. Next year everyone can use our discount. Except you.

• Upvote 1