Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

8 hours ago, Pauly said:

Ohio is a giant piece of shit and Cleveland is the bloody slime part that makes you consider calling the doctor for a once over. 

The word "OHIO" is an old native American word meaning "Partly to mostly shitty".

An Arizona Highway Patrol officer stops a Harley for traveling faster than the posted speed limit, so he asks the biker his name.

'Fred,' he replies.

'Fred what?' the officer asks.

'Just Fred,' the man responds.

The officer is in a good mood, thinks he might just give the biker a break, and write him out a warning instead of a ticket. The officer then presses him for the last name.

The man tells him that he used to have a last name but lost it.

The officer thinks that he has a nut case on his hands but plays along with it. 'Tell me, Fred, how did you lose your last name?'

The biker replies, 'It's a long story, so stay with me.' I was born Fred Johnson. I studied hard and got good grades. When I got older, I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. I went through college, medical school, internship, residency, so I was Fred Johnson, MD. After a while I got bored being a doctor, so I decided to go back to school. Dentistry was my dream! Got all the way through School, got my degree, so then I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS. Got bored doing dentistry, so I started fooling around with my assistant and she gave me VD, so now I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS, with VD.

Well, the ADA found out about the VD, so they took away my DDS. Then I was Fred Johnson, MD, with VD. Then the AMA found out about the ADA taking away my DDS because of the VD, so they took away my MD leaving me as Fred Johnson with VD. Then the VD took away my Johnson, so now I am Just Fred.'

The officer walked away in tears, laughing.

• Haha 2

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:03 AM, Qman said:

An Arizona Highway Patrol officer stops a Harley for traveling faster than the posted speed limit, so he asks the biker his name.

'Fred,' he replies.

'Fred what?' the officer asks.

'Just Fred,' the man responds.

The officer is in a good mood, thinks he might just give the biker a break, and write him out a warning instead of a ticket. The officer then presses him for the last name.

The man tells him that he used to have a last name but lost it.

The officer thinks that he has a nut case on his hands but plays along with it. 'Tell me, Fred, how did you lose your last name?'

The biker replies, 'It's a long story, so stay with me.' I was born Fred Johnson. I studied hard and got good grades. When I got older, I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. I went through college, medical school, internship, residency, so I was Fred Johnson, MD. After a while I got bored being a doctor, so I decided to go back to school. Dentistry was my dream! Got all the way through School, got my degree, so then I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS. Got bored doing dentistry, so I started fooling around with my assistant and she gave me VD, so now I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS, with VD.

Well, the ADA found out about the VD, so they took away my DDS. Then I was Fred Johnson, MD, with VD. Then the AMA found out about the ADA taking away my DDS because of the VD, so they took away my MD leaving me as Fred Johnson with VD. Then the VD took away my Johnson, so now I am Just Fred.'

The officer walked away in tears, laughing.

Nice!!!

can't find the negative thoughts thread....the job offer they gave, would have reduced my pay by 40%.....being the sole income for the household, I cannot take the offer they gave me.

Once the move to the farm and the current house sells, then I could, but I fucked right now.

I waited 2 fucking years for this job to open up, and cannot take it.

Seriously pissed right now.

1 hour ago, redbarron77 said:

can't find the negative thoughts thread....the job offer they gave, would have reduced my pay by 40%.....being the sole income for the household, I cannot take the offer they gave me.

Once the move to the farm and the current house sells, then I could, but I fucked right now.

I waited 2 fucking years for this job to open up, and cannot take it.

Seriously pissed right now.

Sorry man. Was it public sector?

11 hours ago, Tonik said:

Sorry man. Was it public sector?

I have been trying to leave the consulting world for a while, especially since I have put in approximately 4 1/2 years of man hours in less than 3 years of employment.

A job opened up at a different department(than where I worked before) at Texas A&M, and I expected a pay cut, but not quite that much.  

We have been packing up and getting ready to sell our current home and move back to the farm(to take care of my wife's Dad and Step-mom), but with my income being the only one, we cannot afford to take that pay cut until AFTER the current house is sold.  Otherwise, we risk our savings, which could carry us for about 6-8 months, but if the house doesn't sell, then we are completely boned.

I have to tell a friend, who bent over backwards to get this job opened, that I can't afford to take it at that salary.  Her hands are tied on the pay(government funded job), so I feel like an ass for wasting her time because I didn't know how perilous of a financial situation I am in.

13 minutes ago, redbarron77 said:

I have been trying to leave the consulting world for a while, especially since I have put in approximately 4 1/2 years of man hours in less than 3 years of employment.

A job opened up at a different department(than where I worked before) at Texas A&M, and I expected a pay cut, but not quite that much.  

We have been packing up and getting ready to sell our current home and move back to the farm(to take care of my wife's Dad and Step-mom), but with my income being the only one, we cannot afford to take that pay cut until AFTER the current house is sold.  Otherwise, we risk our savings, which could carry us for about 6-8 months, but if the house doesn't sell, then we are completely boned.

I have to tell a friend, who bent over backwards to get this job opened, that I can't afford to take it at that salary.  Her hands are tied on the pay(government funded job), so I feel like an ass for wasting her time because I didn't know how perilous of a financial situation I am in.

That is a real shame man, very sorry.

back to the grind, put my big boy pants on, get moved to the farm, sell this house, and then, all bets are off!

Then I could take a 60% pay cut!

I'm thinking of maybe grounds crew or parking enforcement or even cashier at A&M to get the benefits and retirement....

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ludwb675 said:

Scapula is still fractured. Next x-ray is 6/25. No trackdays, mountain biking or anything that may involve an impact until then. 

Goodbye summer. 

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! 

Edited by Connie14
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ludwb675 said:

Scapula is still fractured. Next x-ray is 6/25. No trackdays, mountain biking or anything that may involve an impact until then. 

Goodbye summer. 

Why so long, its been like 3 months already hasn't it?

14 hours ago, ludwb675 said:

Goodbye summer. 

In April 2008 I hit a deer on my motorcycle, (Totaled my 05 FZ1) I broke my Scapula and clavicle, it took (8) weeks before I was able to resume all activities. Good luck on your recovery!

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Tonik said:

Why so long, its been like 3 months already hasn't it?

It happened on 2/10. It was a pretty large fracture, not just a hairline. Over the first four weeks it looked like it closed up about half way. X-ray at week 10 showed no change since week 4. They are not really sure what's going on. I go back end of June to see how it's progressing. I really don't know the next step if it's not healing. Doctor said they usually don't plate Scapula's since they are completely surrounded by muscle.  But also Scapula fractures are pretty rare and not much literature about it out there. This was the first case my physical therapist has seen in her 25 year career. 

This is a pic of the original X-Ray on 2/11. Yes i tried to sleep it off thinking it was just a sprained muscle. 

20180212_085909.jpg