Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

20 hours ago, what said:

Except for the Cuban food in Miami, that's good. 

haha I was going to say the only thing I've ever enjoyed in FL is Cuban food in Miami and the best steak I've ever had at Disney World.

Just got back from a meeting Jacksonville and I was in town less than 24 hours and that was still too much FL for me

I'm one of the grumpiest people you'll meet but I fuckin love living in Ohio. I've lived in 2 other states and visited 30 others. The only place I've ever been where I could truly say I would be happy moving to is Tennessee, specifically Knoxville area

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Since @Tonik is old and feeble i'll remind him of the rules for FIRST!! in chat box in his own words. 

Rules change, try and keep up. It's what Casper pays us to do.

Edited by Tonik

NEO isn't the garden spot of the USA mostly due to the weather, but many people I know moved away to much nicer climates and then move back. Mostly because they want to be closer to family. Another advantages is area has is the the low cost of living versus many areas of the country (Think supply/demand). I always wonder, WTF were our ancestors thinking when they settled in the Cleveland area.... they should have continued west or south. We would have been riding year round!

On 4/8/2018 at 8:35 AM, ricer1 said:

NEO isn't the garden spot of the USA mostly due to the weather, but many people I know moved away to much nicer climates and then move back. Mostly because they want to be closer to family. Another advantages is area has is the the low cost of living versus many areas of the country (Think supply/demand). I always wonder, WTF were our ancestors thinking when they settled in the Cleveland area.... they should have continued west or south. We would have been riding year round!

Some people are just stronger than others. Enter my ancestors :)

46 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Got chicken bacon ranch pizza for lunch. They failed to tell me there were onions on it. Pizza now ruined. :cry:

I would be upset if there were not onions on a CBR pizza. :dunno: 

47 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Got chicken bacon ranch pizza for lunch. They failed to tell me there were onions on it. Pizza now ruined. :cry:

there is nothing worse than a food place not listing all of the main ingredients in/on something. I've caused a few scenes in my day  because of it:lol:

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

there is nothing worse than a food place not listing all of the main ingredients in/on something. I've caused a few scenes in my day  because of it:lol:

!!!! This

I went to Cheba Hut recently and ordered a sub that the menu listed like 4 things on it. When it showed up it had so many extra veggies and random shit that I thought it wasn't even the right menu item... You couldn't even barely notice the stuff they did actually list... Wasn't happy and it'll take awhile before I give that place another shot... Everyone I know loves it but I don't get it lol 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ludwb675 said:

Honestly, I assume that kind of pizza has onions on it. I think anyone that has pizza more than 2 times a year would have the same assumption lol.

15 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I would be upset if there were not onions on a CBR pizza. :dunno: 

Right?

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Honestly, I assume that kind of pizza has onions on it. I think anyone that has pizza more than 2 times a year would have the same assumption lol.

Right?

I asked the guy what's on the chicken pizza (pizza by the slice place) and he said chicken bacon ranch. I assumed that was all that was on it. You couldn't see the onions at all. 

And usually I just get cheese or pineapple (let the hate begin) pizza. Don't care for pizza with 50 different toppings. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ludwb675 said:

I asked the guy what's on the chicken pizza (pizza by the slice place) and he said chicken bacon ranch. I assumed that was all that was on it. You couldn't see the onions at all. 

And usually I just get cheese or pineapple (let the hate begin) pizza. Don't care for pizza with 50 different toppings. 

You are talking to the guy that purposely brought an Angelo's BBQ Chicken Pizza to an OR event JUST because it has pineapple and cinnamon on it.

You should try that btw, its freaking delish. I think it has onions on it, just a warning. And yes the cinnamon is a great touch, don't let these barbarians fool you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

You are talking to the guy that purposely brought an Angelo's BBQ Chicken Pizza to an OR event JUST because it has pineapple and cinnamon on it.

You should try that btw, its freaking delish. I think it has onions on it, just a warning. And yes the cinnamon is a great touch, don't let these barbarians fool you.

damn you, now I need Angelo's in my life. I think it has peppers but no onions on it. I don't care for pineapple on anything however it wasn't terrible on that one

I have been waiting for 2+ years on a job to be opened, and today the opening has been posted!

took me all of 15 minutes to get the application completed and resume uploaded....

It is taking all my willpower to not get my hopes up.....Hence telling this group of miscreants! 

If I get it, I can go back to posting Pr0n for those long Ohio winter/springs!

• Beer 4

Work rearranged the cube farm and now i sit directly beneath a HVAC vent. It is currently blowing cold air on me in an office that is already colder than any other part of the building. 

I already tried turning the damper but it's broken of course. Next idea is to take the diffuser cover off and shove a towel or something in the down tube. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ludwb675 said:

Work rearranged the cube farm and now i sit directly beneath a HVAC vent. It is currently blowing cold air on me in an office that is already colder than any other part of the building. 

I already tried turning the damper but it's broken of course. Next idea is to take the diffuser cover off and shove a towel or something in the down tube. 

depending on the vent, I have seen someone put a plain piece of paper in it to divert the air flow sideways so it wasn't blowing straight down.

If you are bold, you can look up the 3M window insulation kit, and install it on the vent, but that all depends on the level of risk you can assume.  Tampering with company HVAC can be a firing offense.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

I say golf umbrella. A very large, colorful golf umbrella.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, redbarron77 said:

Tampering with company HVAC can be a firing offense.

im glad my company doesn't totally suck. I duct taped the inside of the vent above my desk for the winter because i run warm as it is already I don't nee the 76* heat they keep this damn place at on me

3 hours ago, redbarron77 said:

depending on the vent, I have seen someone put a plain piece of paper in it to divert the air flow sideways so it wasn't blowing straight down.

If you are bold, you can look up the 3M window insulation kit, and install it on the vent, but that all depends on the level of risk you can assume.  Tampering with company HVAC can be a firing offense.

Most likely i would just get a don't do that again. For good or bad, it's almost impossible it get fired from this place. 

• Beer 1