Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

4 hours ago, drc32-0 said:

I couldn't disagree more.I feel I hit the lottery when I was born in America!Just don't fall into the greed trap and life in America can be pretty amazing.Just think,you could have been born in Afghanistan or Sudan.

Holy shit, finally you post something I agree with ??

• Haha 1

I don't disagree that anybody born in the US has a leg up on people born in certain other parts of the world, but that doesn't change the fact that the way things are going, it's getting harder and harder to take part in the "American Dream". 

These negative changes having mostly to do with the lobby in Washington. 

39 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

The only people that I know that are hardcore Ohio is the BEST ever, are the people that have never lived anywhere else lol.

If every state of the US was a different flavor, Ohio would be vanilla. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, what said:

If every state of the US was a different flavor, Ohio would be vanilla. 

nah its chocolate chip. Mostly vanilla but has some great pieces within it

45 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

nah its chocolate chip. Mostly vanilla but has some great pieces within it

I cant think of any great places in Ohio. There are ok places. Which pretty much sums up the state. 

Ohio. It's ok. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, what said:

I cant think of any great places in Ohio. There are ok places. Which pretty much sums up the state. 

Ohio. It's ok. 

The one great place in Ohio is 10ft within the Ohio border headed out of Ohio. That 10ft of space is great because you know you'll be in another state within seconds.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

Well you could have Florida and all flat roads and giant bugs and old people with the plus of beaches. 

Ohio is ok. Florida is just plain shitty. Except for the Cuban food in Miami, that's good. 

I'm now in Florida. The roads certainly are flat. Haven't run into big bugs yet. The number of old people drivers is about the same, except in the Winter months when Northerners come down. Biggest thing I've noticed, is that people are super friendly and polite. Most just are not in a hurry. Way better than Ohio. And a big one, I do not see people driving the wrong way down the rows in parking lots. Maybe it's just the county I'm in, It's probably different over in Orlando.

14 hours ago, ReconRat said:

Biggest thing I've noticed, is that people are super friendly and polite.

I've found that to be a southern thing. Kentucky and down. I miss living in the south, could be driving down a random country road and you drive by some stranger taking the mail out of their mailbox and they stop and wave, and you wave back. The northern states don't even come close to the overall friendliness of the south.

28 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I've found that to be a southern thing. Kentucky and down. I miss living in the south, could be driving down a random country road and you drive by some stranger taking the mail out of their mailbox and they stop and wave, and you wave back. The northern states don't even come close to the overall friendliness of the south.

People are friendlier in Ohio than up north. In New England you never spoke to anyone you didn't know, you just pretended they didn't exist. For example, if someone dropped their wallet, "sucks to be them they shouldn't have been so clumsy." Nobody would ever think of asking you how your day was going or try to make small talk while waiting in a line or anything like that.

I blame the puritans. 

Out here in AZ it's the opposite... Everything moves so much faster. Traffic all going 90 everywhere, constantly. If you want to change lanes you just cut people off. However, I have noticed that the people are generally more friendly than in Ohio... Maybe it's all the sunshine... I went on a trip to NC and the slow pace of things drove me kinda crazy after adapting to AZ lol. It's only the second place I've lived so I can't say it's the best ever, but it feels much more like home for me than Ohio. I miss you OR peeps but I would never move back. AZ is fucking great. Not many good roads in the valley for riding but outside the valley the whole state is a mountain range with great roads, and you can ride all year. 

45 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

If you live in the right neighborhood in Ohio folks will wave at you as you go by. What you described happening at the mailbox happens pretty often on the road I grew up on and the road I currently live on. I’m often that stranger that waves as folks drive, ride, walk, etc by my home. 

Edited by durk
  • Upvote 1

I love where I live 4-5 months out of the year. But that's it. I live in a rural cow town and folks are friendly and it's a safe area to live. But the other 7-8 months I hate it. Once my youngest is out of school and house is paid off that happens about a year apart we are moving south. Western Calolina's or northern GA area. Wife has a friend the lives about 100 miles NE of Atlanta and it's really nice there year round and medical jobs that my wife can find are plentiful. So that's the plan in 4-6 years. 

Edited by 2talltim

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Western Calolina's or northern GA area. Wife has a friend the lives about 100 miles NE of Atlanta and it's really nice there year round and medical jobs that my wife can find are plentiful. So that's the plan in 4-6 years. 

Sounds like quite a few people have a very similar 5-year plan :D