Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Sat on the new one at the IMS, have now checked it off my short list.  Didn't care for ergos at all or the seating position. 

It wasn't about me.  I want to be able to take my daughters or wife on long rides.  I am cool with riding the Connie across the country while riding solo. 

12 hours ago, Connie14 said:

It wasn't about me.  I want to be able to take my daughters or wife on long rides.  I am cool with riding the Connie across the country while riding solo. 

I had high hopes as a replacement for the connie in a few years. Would have been nicer for the wife on the back too. But it would be 95% for me and it just didn't fit. I'm a 2 bike guy at the most and the second one will be flickable little bitch.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, Rodehard said:

Since we've moved into injuries, here's a couple doosies:

Compound fracture right tibia - I like to call this one my Bonehole, if only to gross out my daughter and her friends:D (cager crash, not our fault, killed my Aunt who was driving).

And, the super awesome belly zipper (another cager crash, not my fault, killed my grandmother who was riding with me).

So bottom line is people are stupid and can't drive.  I'm currently teaching my 16yr old son to drive - his birthday is tomorrow - and definitely stressing the need to watch the other idiots on the road staring at their f'ing phones.

I got lots more scars - chest tube hole, gall bladder surgery, arthroscopic surgery on left knee, and various chunks of meat removed from hands and fingers.

"live hard, and leave a well used corpse"

Rodehards bonehole.JPG

Rodehards belly zipper.JPG

TMI :tmi2:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

mandatory online workplace diversity and sexual harassment training. :rolleyes: 

after none of this nonsense for 6 years working here... I want to know who ruined it for everyone. 

Edited by what
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, what said:

after none of this nonsense for 6 years working here... I want to know who ruined it for everyone. 

Human Resources are the hall monitors of the business world.

As long as you check that box, then they did everything they could.  

5 hours ago, what said:

They even coordinated it with upside down mcdonalds day!

The crazy part is big corps have whole departments whose only job is this ( telling you what to think)

Our school district sent out a flyer bragging they were comparatively mid pack in their non english speaker and handicap enrollment pie charts.

17 hours ago, what said:

At least now you'll know how to sexually harass someone properly.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, motocat12 said:

at 8 am this morning I googled EST  to see if my  computer time updated overnight. The top 2 google results were wrong.

Maybe because EST is eastern standard time. Not including DST????

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, what said:

Sounds to me like if they can't make the cameras unlawful they're going to try to make it where it's not worth their time and not worth it financially. In other words if they want to keep it truly about safety which they claim it is they won't go anywhere but if it's truly about the bottom dollar I think you'll find them all gone if this passes.

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I see some logic, hey you are essentially replacing a human with a camera. Camera's don't need pay or benefits therefore you don't need all this extra money.

Close to the proposed robot tax they plan to implement to pay a universal basic income when most minimum wage jobs are replaced by automation in the next 15 years. 

Except that the tax wont go to a UBI, it will somehow end up a public tax subsidy paying corporations extra money to switch to robots instead of people. 

Interesting video that goes into pretty good detail on rally note taking/calling (right 3 into left 2 open then jump into 6 open 200, etc) in case anyone is interested in learning.

Also, a 20 mile hillclimb. Holy crap. 

Edited by what

:rant:

sure Ed, we don't want you to burn out, and working more than 45+ hours per week is completely against the "Global Company Standards", but we have more clients and work than we have people(heaven forbid we tell the client they need to ease up on work), so you need to just work a little extra for the next 2-12 months to get us over the "hump"....forget that concept of sleep or getting to see you family, because our management really needs to get these numbers better or they won't get their bonuses next year(that as one of the Cogs, you are ineligible to receive), cuz management's salary of more than 6 figures/year just isn't enough to support their families....no, you won't get paid more than your salary for this effort, but if a team member recognizes you for your effort, we can maybe get you a purple coffee cup!

Never mind about working in a back brace, or being on call for 30+ days at a time, while the overseas offices get multiple holidays off per month, or the country they are working in forbids them to work more than 40 hours per week(Dublin Ireland sounds completely awesome at the moment), nor getting handed monster $hit sandwiches of completely FUBAR'ed work from other off-shore workers, so go ahead and fix those little "mistakes" in your spare time(nothing like upgrading payroll in production incorrectly and leaving 1500+ invalid objects in the database).....

BTW - you are going to be moved to another team so you can assist them while half the team is in the off-shore offices because the other half of the team just quit....but if you need help, just say so, and we will promptly ignore you and focus on the 50% of your work that is late.

28 minutes ago, redbarron77 said:

sure Ed, we don't want you to burn out, and working more than 45+ hours per week is completely against the "Global Company Standards", but we have more clients and work than we have people(heaven forbid we tell the client they need to ease up on work), so you need to just work a little extra for the next 2-12 months to get us over the "hump"....forget that concept of sleep or getting to see you family, because our management really needs to get these numbers better or they won't get their bonuses next year(that as one of the Cogs, you are ineligible to receive), cuz management's salary of more than 6 figures/year just isn't enough to support their families....no, you won't get paid more than your salary for this effort, but if a team member recognizes you for your effort, we can maybe get you a purple coffee cup!

Never mind about working in a back brace, or being on call for 30+ days at a time, while the overseas offices get multiple holidays off per month, or the country they are working in forbids them to work more than 40 hours per week(Dublin Ireland sounds completely awesome at the moment), nor getting handed monster $hit sandwiches of completely FUBAR'ed work from other off-shore workers, so go ahead and fix those little "mistakes" in your spare time(nothing like upgrading payroll in production incorrectly and leaving 1500+ invalid objects in the database).....

BTW - you are going to be moved to another team so you can assist them while half the team is in the off-shore offices because the other half of the team just quit....but if you need help, just say so, and we will promptly ignore you and focus on the 50% of your work that is late.

Welcome to America, the land of dreams. Because reality sucks. 

• Beer 1