Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

52 minutes ago, drc32-0 said:

I heard this last night at an eclipse meeting...

When the Earth moves between the Sun and Moon you have a Lunar eclipse.

When the Moon moves between the Earth and Sun you have a Solar eclipse.

When the Sun moves between the Earth and Moon you have the Apocalypse.

Just below her moon, you have Pussylypse!

18 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

My neighbors are assholes. Luckily I just worked on the local police officer's R1, so I texted him this. He said he will have it taken care of.

20170820_201055.thumb.jpg.875b7f04aad05b4f5891530445e20ca4.jpg

I see this kind of thing all the time and it annoys the crap out of me. 

33 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

My neighbors are assholes. Luckily I just worked on the local police officer's R1, so I texted him this. He said he will have it taken care of.

Shouldn't need to know jack to get that level of missing common sense sorted.

10 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Shouldn't need to know jack to get that level of missing common sense sorted.

You would think so. I have asked repeteadly and nicely to my neighbors to not blow the grass in the yard. Instead of listening, they are doing it more deliberately.

10 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

20170820_201055.thumb.jpg.875b7f04aad05b4f5891530445e20ca4.jpg

What's the cop gonna do?  Is there an ordinance against this in your neighborhood?  I'd be happy if my neighbor simply MOWED!

Edited by Qman

9 minutes ago, Qman said:

What's the cop gonna do?  Is there an ordinance against this in your neighborhood?  I'd be happy if my neighbor simply MOWED!

I think it is illegal in most municipalities but not because of safety of motorcyclist its because they get washed into storm drains and clog them.

45 minutes ago, Qman said:

We have a Village Ordinance against it and if I am not mistaken, there is a County Ordinance as well. It causes issues with the drains and it's dangerous.

This neighbor has been trying to move for awhile, they're the type that just wants to keep up with the Joneses and are in debt up to their eyeballs. 

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

You need to post video of them sweeping their clippings from the street. 

I was very tempted to go out there at 2am with my leaf blower and send it all down in front of their garage door. i'm sure they would love having their kids woke up at 2am.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

Its illegal per State law.

Id like to see how that CFR/ORC is written....So if ONE blade of grass goes from your lawn onto pavement, its considered unlawful?  Also, the first 20 ft (typically) are the right of way of the road, so that's technically not their property to maintain in the first place.

Edited by Qman
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Qman said:

It's not that I dont empathize with you Justin....I just dont see how any laws could ever be realistically enforced.   

The same way California writes violations for using too much water during drought periods. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-500-car-wash-new-california-fines-for-wasting-water-take-effect/

Edited by JustinNck1

8 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

The same way California writes violations for using too much water during drought periods. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-500-car-wash-new-california-fines-for-wasting-water-take-effect/

Water usage is measurable.  Blades of grass might be a bit harder to quantify.

Just now, Qman said:

Water usage is measurable.  Blades of grass might be a bit harder to quantify.

They were writing fines for leaving the water on while wiping down the car. How do you measure that, how long can you leave it running? Same situation and they made it work. Nevada used to have laws where if the water ran into the street, you were using too much. That's like asking how much is considered littering? You can throw out a cigarette butt, but what about a gum wrapper, or tissue paper? It all goes by judgement.

38 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

At least we now know who in this thread blows his grass clippings into the roadway.

Mulch baby...mulch!

At any rate, Id much rather see someone let their lawn go, blow it into the street, and mow it once in a blue moon, than to constantly load it with God-knows-what chemicals and have them run-off directly into our streams and rivers.

5 minutes ago, Qman said:

Mulch baby...mulch!

At any rate, Id much rather see someone let their lawn go, blow it into the street, and mow it once in a blue moon, than to constantly load it with God-knows-what chemicals and have them run-off directly into our streams and rivers.

:nono: People can mow their yard properly AND not load it with chemicals. That's most most people do. I'm not sure where that correlation came from anyways. I just simple want my asshole of a neighbor to make one pass with his riding mower the opposite direction, or after he is finished mowing, simply blow it back into his yard. It's just a common courtesy i thought. I doubt it's going to happen though. His hedges at the edge of their driveway start hanging out in the streets so far a pickup truck can't get through without hitting them, so I go up there with the electric hedge trimmers and trim them nice and crooked. Apparently he can't get the hint on that one either.

Let's see here I have a beautiful Green Lawn, and I've never put a single chemical on it.  I almost never blow it into the street and if I accidentally do I immediately go out with the leaf blower and clean it up. And I keep it mowed at least once a week. Common courtesy and responsibility all wrapped up in one neat little package.

5 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

:nono: People can mow their yard properly AND not load it with chemicals. That's most most people do. I'm not sure where that correlation came from anyways. I just simple want my asshole of a neighbor to make one pass with his riding mower the opposite direction, or after he is finished mowing, simply blow it back into his yard. It's just a common courtesy i thought. I doubt it's going to happen though. His hedges at the edge of their driveway start hanging out in the streets so far a pickup truck can't get through without hitting them, so I go up there with the electric hedge trimmers and trim them nice and crooked. Apparently he can't get the hint on that one either.

By the pic, it looks like that lawn was pretty damn hi when it was mowed.  ...so the assumption is it is not well looked after, not loaded with chemicals/fertilizers/weed killers/ insecticides/ rodent control/lime/land mines/shallow graves, etc.  Maybe a bad assumption.?

6 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Oh yeah and I'm not breaking the law.

How do you know if you're breaking the law if its entirely "judgemental"???

Edited by Qman