Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

Guess I didn't realize this....

Cherohala Skyway - The road gets its name from the Nation Forest it climbs through - in NC it's the Nantahala Forest, in TN it's the Cherokee Forest. Combining the two names resulted in "Cherohala". Because the road climbs to and follows along the highest ridges it's a bonafide skyway with views that stretch for 50 miles. Now you know. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

If I had one..... I would. I'm that bored.

damn I should have went with come chrome polish my wheels and exhaust since I've got everything for that :lol: 

• Like 1

So my wife and I have lost a lot of weight and today she does facebook post about her\our progress. As one would expect there was a lot of comments telling her "congrats" and some that say "i wish I could loose some weight" So i was just scrolling though FB and noticed at least 2 of these people aying they wish they could loose weight are liking and or sharing pictures or videos with very fatty high carb\calorie recipes. One of them saying they were going to make one of these for dinner tis week. I just don't understand people that don't want to help themselves.

Obviously posting this here to save them from getting butt hurt on FB.

Edited by 2talltim

19 hours ago, 2talltim said:

So my wife and I have lost a lot of weight and today she does facebook post about her\our progress. As one would expect there was a lot of comments telling her "congrats" and some that say "i wish I could loose some weight" So i was just scrolling though FB and noticed at least 2 of these people aying they wish they could loose weight are liking and or sharing pictures or videos with very fatty high carb\calorie recipes. One of them saying they were going to make one of these for dinner tis week. I just don't understand people that don't want to help themselves.

My wife and I gained some weight, so we signed up for the Columbus Marathon.  We are running the half marathon for the sole purpose of pushing us to get our weight back to where it was.  I am also cutting back on IPAs and other high calorie beers (delicious micro brews) until I get back to my goal weight.  It sucked at first, but now we are getting in the groove.  I often hear people say the same thing "I wish I could do that".  

1 hour ago, Connie14 said:

My wife and I gained some weight, so we signed up for the Columbus Marathon.  We are running the half marathon for the sole purpose of pushing us to get our weight back to where it was.  I am also cutting back on IPAs and other high calorie beers (delicious micro brews) until I get back to my goal weight.  It sucked at first, but now we are getting in the groove.  I often hear people say the same thing "I wish I could do that".  

Cutting back on the drinks makes the bike trips that much more enjoyable. Gives you something to look forward to.

• Beer 1

On 8/6/2017 at 10:28 PM, 2talltim said:

Don't you be jealous of my fat fried fat recipes!  I'll tell you the same thing I tell Angel, I'm not fat I'm big boned!I'll tell you the same thing I tell Angel, I'm not fat I'm big boned!

4 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

My work attire at my office job has transitioned from khakis and button up shirt, to jeans and a polo, and now we are allowed to wear t-shirts. Slowly progressing to shorts, cutoffs and sandals. :lol:

Half of our engineers look like homeless people.

We were the same way and then went from casual fridays to casual days. Supposed to be jeans and polos but half of them wear untucked t-shirts. I'd be embarrassed to meet with vendors or even our executives looking like that. It's not just engineering though, all departments have gotten that bad. The worst is hearing women walking around in flip-flops making the smacking noise. 

2 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Half of our engineers look like homeless people.

We were the same way and then went from casual fridays to casual days. Supposed to be jeans and polos but half of them wear untucked t-shirts. I'd be embarrassed to meet with vendors or even our executives looking like that. It's not just engineering though, all departments have gotten that bad. The worst is hearing women walking around in flip-flops making the smacking noise. 

Well when I used to go out and meet clients, professional attire was required. I haven't met with a client face to face in 2 years (Digital Producer/Graphic Designer), so I guess that's why they lifted our dress code rules. Sales people still wear shirt and tie.

18 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Well when I used to go out and meet clients, professional attire was required. I haven't met with a client face to face in 2 years (Digital Producer/Graphic Designer), so I guess that's why they lifted our dress code rules. Sales people still wear shirt and tie.

The VP of my department wears a blazer over a graphic t-shirt and jeans most days of the week. No raggy/torn clothing is pretty much the dress code where I work. I guess we are held to a different standard because we are "creatives". That said, I usually wear a collared shirt and jeans whenever I'm not in-show, then it's a black collared shirt, black pants and black shoes. 

When I started as an engineer we all put our sportcoats on hangers at the office in the morning & wore dress pants, white shirts, neckties (great around rotating machinery) & wingtips.  Now It's more casual.  After they started "casual Fridays" in the 90s I have worn blue jeans every Friday unless I have to meet with VIPs.  Other days it's just LLBean or Lands End clothes with comfortable shoes.

Corporate Aviation lost the epaulettes a long time ago.  We've now lost the shirt and tie as well, replaced with dress pants and embroidered polos.  I hate the look.  I used to be able to walk into an FBO and be recognized as flight crew.  Now they often have to ask if I'm Pax or crew.  I hate that. Plus, I have nowhere to put my pen. 

According to playboy,  millennial's are 20% less likely to search for boobie pics than older generations. Then went on to ask why you think they are less interested in titties?  

Why?  I'll tell you why, because the weird little bastards are eating ass. That's right, the nasty little buggas are licking each other's butt holes!

:wtf:

11 hours ago, max power said:

According to playboy,  millennial's are 20% less likely to search for boobie pics than older generations. Then went on to ask why you think they are less interested in titties?  

Why?  I'll tell you why, because the weird little bastards are eating ass. That's right, the nasty little buggas are licking each other's butt holes!

:wtf:

I thought that once you see one boob,  you want to see them all.  I  also thought Playboy went the way of the dinosaur. 

I heard this last night at an eclipse meeting...

When the Earth moves between the Sun and Moon you have a Lunar eclipse.

When the Moon moves between the Earth and Sun you have a Solar eclipse.

When the Sun moves between the Earth and Moon you have the Apocalypse.

• Upvote 1