Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

Random internet search-  youtube "reply girls"

r+girl.jpg

that's half way down the page on, The daily Poop. 

At the top of the page “Virgin Boy Eggs” Are A Popular, Urine-Soaked Snack In China.

http://todaysdailypoop.blogspot.com/2012_03_01_archive.html

Is this for real? So it is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_boy_egg

pee+egg+3.jpg

I hate massive corporations. They are constantly late delivering me the information I need and have hit maybe 10% of deadlines yet when we give them a timeline of 5 days somehow 24 hours later they ask if I'll have it done in 2.5 days like was discussed? Like wtf, I didn't discuss this

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

I hate massive corporations. They are constantly late delivering me the information I need and have hit maybe 10% of deadlines yet when we give them a timeline of 5 days somehow 24 hours later they ask if I'll have it done in 2.5 days like was discussed? Like wtf, I didn't discuss this

I work for one of those...and its a medical device manufacturer...the bureaucracy and red tape is beyond belief.

3 hours ago, Qman said:

I work for one of those...and its a medical device manufacturer...the bureaucracy and red tape is beyond belief.

well the best part is they gave me shit time so I gave them shit product because my team isn't executing it. They just like how I plan things so wanted me to plan it all out for the retail stores to execute themselves. I cannot wait until it blows up on them real bad

Looks like MaxWrist is going to jail for some pretty fucked up shit if this is true... 

From Armytimes.com 

"On March 16, at a general court-martial convened at Vicenza, Italy, Sgt. 1st Class Eugene McMahel was convicted by a military judge, pursuant to his pleas, of two specifications of attempted sodomy for the purpose of receiving a thing of value, one specification of disobeying a commissioned officer, one specification of recklessly operating a vehicle, three specifications of sodomy for the purpose of receiving a thing of value, two specifications of assault consummated by battery, two specifications of assault consummated by battery upon a child, one specification of aggravated assault upon a child, three specifications of adultery, and one specification of obstructing justice. McMahel was sentenced to be reduced to the grade of E-1, to forfeit all pay and allowances, to be confined for 720 days, and to be discharged from the service with a bad conduct discharge. "

Edited by what

My 30 yr old garbage disposal just quit with no recent weird noises. 1/3/ hp

I mainly put stuff in it just to keep muck from gathering on the blades.

Was just thinking I could just put straight pipe in instead. Are new ones much different, diy cost?

Edited by motocat12

Did you try pressing the reset button on the bottom?

You could just remove it and put in plastic drain pipe unless you have a dishwasher - dishwashers usually drain to the disposal so the next run will chew up anything washed off the dishes.  Home Depot has disposals from $90.  More expensive models have more sound insulation, bigger motors, and sometimes all stainless steel internal parts.  A new one should have everything you need in the kit except for plumber's putty.  You might also need a miscellaneous piece of drain pipe or two - all plastic these days and can be tightened by hand.

17 minutes ago, MSerfozo said:

You could just remove it and put in plastic drain pipe unless you have a dishwasher - dishwashers usually drain to the disposal so the next run will chew up anything washed off the dishes.  Home Depot has disposals from $90.  More expensive models have more sound insulation, bigger motors, and sometimes all stainless steel internal parts.  A new one should have everything you need in the kit except for plumber's putty.  You might also need a miscellaneous piece of drain pipe or two - all plastic these days and can be tightened by hand.

NOte that most garbage disposals are made at one plant for this country.  No need to look at different brands...they are all the same!

23 minutes ago, MSerfozo said:

I checked the breaker. i'm not sure if it's quality enough to have it's own reset. Good point on the dishwasher But I use it for extra storage. Maybe I should chuck both out.

9 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I checked the breaker. i'm not sure if it's quality enough to have it's own reset. Good point on the dishwasher But I use it for extra storage. Maybe I should chuck both out.

Grab a flashlight and look up at the bottom of the unit.  It's usually a red square plastic button.  It's a thermal circuit breaker and it should click lightly and stay in when pressed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Shoulda went to deals gap. Sitting in the office this week is particularly painful.

I haven't been in 4 years now and it still kills me every year about this time. Hands down best 4-5 days of the summer