Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

9 hours ago, what said:

is that the one neil degrasse tyson said might loop back around after 10 years and blow us up if it passes within a very certain distance?

This is a small asteroid about the size of a house if it were to hit land it would change the climate for a few years and we would not be able to ride much.  If it were to hit the ocean all of the coastal cities would be gone. The one that made the crater out in Arizona was smaller than a car. But it will not hit the earth.

11 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

You know that you are getting old when a 2 day conference wears you out.  I sat in on Dave Kennedy's talk.  Even though @Tonik is an asshat of hate he should be proud of his boy.  He must take after his mother.  :lol:

Only 2 days? Lightweight.

I hate being lumped in to the millennial generation however one thing that totally fits me in their stereotyping is how I have zero patience and want my stuff now. Snail mail blooooows

42 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Re: Autonomous semi's https://electrek.co/2017/04/20/tesla-semi-leasing-batteries-electric-truck/

With not requiring drivers, wouldn't it be ideal to have multiple smaller transports for our roads to last longer.

Already in test on the Ohio Turnpike.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Automotive/2016/12/01/Otto-the-self-driving-truck-travels-Ohio-Turnpike.html

On 4/19/2017 at 8:38 PM, 2talltim said:

This is my 10,000 th post on O.R., thought it deserved recognition.

Welcome to the post whore club, post  whore. 

On 4/21/2017 at 11:34 AM, Bad324 said:

I could post at work, couldn't ride at work though

That's cuz you gots no motorcycle

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, max power said:

Welcome to the post whore club, post  whore. 

That's cuz you gots no motorcycle

but my damn registration finally came so I have another vehicle with 4x the horsepower to give me :D

25 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Trust me, you will get bored of the stock power F-body. Hopefully you got an LS car.

Knowing me I'll get bored with anything after about a year :lol: The VFR was the longest I ever owned any vehicle at 5 years

oh yea it's an LS slp car with aftermarket longtubes, ORY and 3" exhaust for now. Eventually going to drop a nice lopey cam in it when I get the rest of the supporting mods done. Ideally I'd like to get to the 400hp at the wheel mark

38 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Knowing me I'll get bored with anything after about a year :lol: The VFR was the longest I ever owned any vehicle at 5 years

oh yea it's an LS slp car with aftermarket longtubes, ORY and 3" exhaust for now. Eventually going to drop a nice lopey cam in it when I get the rest of the supporting mods done. Ideally I'd like to get to the 400hp at the wheel mark

That's where I'm going around with my LS build. 5.3 LM7, Custom ported and decked heads, PAC .660 Double Springs w/ titanium hardware, TSP 228R Cam (Sounds Awesome), ARP studs everywhere, all King Ceramic bearings, LS2 Timing Chain, Circle D 3200 stall converter, built 4L60E, and custom exhaust with Sanderson Headers. All this in a little S10 should be fun.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

$1600, plus tax. Working the "part-time mechanic for bicycle at cost" angle. It may work out. I'll let you know. 

So what is your new toy?

I'll probably be looking for a new bicycle soon, once I get the settlement check from the insurance. I have not bought the quantity of bicycles you have recently but each one seems to be progressively more expensive. :(

• Upvote 1