Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Fantastic. Timing belts on back-order until Italy goes on stay-cation. 

More interesting... why is "stay-cation" not flagged by spell check? :wtf:

Italians are serious about their time off. When we were there everything shut down for a few hours in the afternoon. We were told in August when it's really hot the shut down for half the day.

3 hours ago, Casper said:

NOW someone wants your pool table!?

yup asked if they could come pick it up Saturday morning. Debating if I'm going to take them up on it or not.

Last week I had a guy who looked at our house last year and said he wanted to come by and take a look again because he never found anything and if it all checked out with be in for what my asking price was.

Edited by Bad324

I saw a brand spankin new GTR saturday on 71 on the way to Xenia. The driver kept flooring it every time he'd change lanes and nearly rear-ended a car in the far right lane when he  tried getting around a semi cruising in the center lane. 

I get you want to have fun with your new powerhousemobile, but why in heavy interstate traffic? :|

There is nothing worse than finding a deal on craigslist, setting a day and time to purchase said deal and then the day before going to confirm day and time just to find out the asshole sold it out from under me for even less than the asking price I was willing to pay

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

There is nothing worse than finding a deal on craigslist, setting a day and time to purchase said deal and then the day before going to confirm day and time just to find out the asshole sold it out from under me for even less than the asking price I was willing to pay

It's a sign that it should've been a motorcycle.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

Sorry you missed out but I would do the same except I tell people ahead of time I won't hold it. Because I've done that before and had the people that said they would buy it, then back out and lost other potential buyers. SO if someone says "I can come this weekend" or "in a couple days" ill say "that's fine but it's still for sale in the mean time". Just part of the CL game.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Sorry you missed out but I would do the same except I tell people ahead of time I won't hold it. Because I've done that before and had the people that said they would buy it, then back out and lost other potential buyers. SO if someone says "I can come this weekend" or "in a couple days" ill say "that's fine but it's still for sale in the mean time". Just part of the CL game.

Agree.  First person to hand me the cash gets it, but I make that clear to all potential buyers.  

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

I'm the same way and the only reason I'm pissed is he told me he would hold them until Saturday because it was the earliest both our schedules worked out. I even said I would paypal him a deposit and he said no need.

4 hours ago, Bad324 said:

Yes but when it does. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ?

Just scored a Givi E55 top case for the FJR for a Buck and a quarter. With a backrest.  

• Upvote 1