Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

Pa. Roads. Fresh pavement and then they have to tar and chip it. Asshats. Ohio roads. New pavement on 164. The guy that painted the double yellow missed the center. One lane is proly over a foot wider than the other. Asshats. WV. Roads. Will you please pave 250 already. Coming out of Hundred you damn near need a dirt bike. Asshats.

And stories like this make me miss having a motorcycle less

Pro Tip:  Do not do a brake job on your car when you are pissed.  I'm too embarrassed to admit what I did.  I've done a dozen break jobs since I was a kid and have never done anything so stupid.  Thankfully I took a test drive in my neighborhood and caught it before I hurt anything other than my pride.

Pro Tip:  Do not do a brake job on your car when you are pissed.  I'm too embarrassed to admit what I did.  I've done a dozen break jobs since I was a kid and have never done anything so stupid.  Thankfully I took a test drive in my neighborhood and caught it before I hurt anything other than my pride.

Someone put a pad on backwards, or didn't tighten a bolt!  I'm pretty meticulous when I do brake jobs, clean the rust under the the abutment clips, do things in a specific order to avoid forgetting to do something, etc...  It IS part of my job after all! 

You guessed it.  I put the inside pad on backwards on one side.  Made a nice grinding sound which certainly improved my mood!

Someone put a pad on backwards, or didn't tighten a bolt!  I'm pretty meticulous when I do brake jobs, clean the rust under the the abutment clips, do things in a specific order to avoid forgetting to do something, etc...  It IS part of my job after all! 

Who rolls their right ankle then 10 minutes later sprains their left one so bad it looks like a baseball is growing out the side of it?

Apparently this guy :nono:

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 2

I need night shift talent too, likely not the same as you're referring to though

you need a red head that can make sketty in a hot tub full of jello... ok 2 red heads with tequila. Edited by snot
  • Upvote 1

If the earth spins on its axis at around 1000mph, how the frak do we get clear pictures of it from the moon?

because......

The Moon orbits Earth at a speed of 2,288 miles per hour (3,683 kilometers per hour).

and it has further to travel, go home Gump your drunk...LOL

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

because......

The Moon orbits Earth at a speed of 2,288 miles per hour (3,683 kilometers per hour).

and it has further to travel, go home Gump your drunk...LOL

Wait a minute.....and the earth is traveling 66000mph around the sun WHILE "spinning" at around 1000mph. If you're on the moon the earths spin should still be blurry as frak.

Wait a minute.....and the earth is traveling 66000mph around the sun WHILE "spinning" at around 1000mph. If you're on the moon the earths spin should still be blurry as frak.

Diameter...  Think about it a while.  They're talking about MPH at the surface, not revolutions per amount of time.  The MPH isn't really a "valid" measurement for the non-scientific, IMHO.

Diameter... Think about it a while. They're talking about MPH at the surface, not revolutions per amount of time. The MPH isn't really a "valid" measurement for the non-scientific, IMHO.

It's all hocus pocus.

I created a Facebook group called Cleveland Riders, it's mostly for local rides. Mostly for things like after-work cruises, local car meets, spur of the moment type stuff. Columbus has a similar one and the have about 400 members and somebody is always out riding thought I'd give it a shot.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/881751081893405/

Sent from my iPhone.

• Upvote 1