Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

I can see it both ways. If i had to argue in favor of the status quo it would go something like: less depletion of the ambulance driver's attention. If you're pulled over he knows you see him. You're not going to act a fool and turn in front of him. One less thing for the driver to have to process so he can drive a little faster, all else held equal.

You're probably right. Rural two lane it doesn't make much sense but additional rules would get too complicated to decifer.

If there is someone behind you, that allows THEM to see the ambulance.  If you didn't slow down/pull over, maybe they wouldn't see it, and try and turn left from behind you.    Then they'd get T-boned by the ambulance.

That only has to be prevented once before it's worth it.  

• Upvote 1

Helpful tip to all...

When you reach that age where putting mentholated rub on your joints becomes part of your morning ritual, please remember: If you have to put it on your knees, do this AFTER putting on your underwear!

This is especially important to those who also ride motorcycles to work...the breeze afterwards will invigorate the menthol's tingling....no need for extra caffeine to wake up when I got to the office...

• Upvote 1

Been driving around topless/door less in the jeep for the past 2 days. First time I've done it and it really is the next best thing to riding my bike, since I can't ride for another week or 2, it really helps curb my anxiety to ride in this fantastic weather. 11fd445f5dd00a755e645226303a23ae.jpg

Edited by claine650
  • Upvote 1

Why is it necessary to hit the brakes and pull over for an oncoming ambulance on a two lane road. Causes a more dangerous situation.

Also....because you DON'T KNOW what the ambulance driver is going to do or where he wants to go NEXT.

Gump, did you ever have any issues with the fuel gauge? When I parked the bike on Sunday I was at 1 bar but when I rode the other day it was on 3 bars for 10 minutes or so. 2 bars for 20 minutes then back to 1. Or is it just character of the bike?

I'd guess this has something to do with where the sensor is located in the tank.  My DL650 is the exact opposite--2-3 bars when rolling into the driveway but reads 'E' on start-up the next day.  If you park your bike on the sidestand, the fuel either runs toward or away from the level sensor.  Whatever algorithms are designed into the fuel level sensor circuit for stability (so the fuel gauge doesn't jump around due to sloshing) account for the length of time it takes to get back to an accurate measurement.  Obviously doesn't apply if you have a center stand.

Gump, did you ever have any issues with the fuel gauge? When I parked the bike on Sunday I was at 1 bar but when I rode the other day it was on 3 bars for 10 minutes or so. 2 bars for 20 minutes then back to 1. Or is it just character of the bike?

Sorry, just saw this. Not that I ever noticed. When it gets really low it will start cycling thru the bars up and down really fast. You have so much fuel left at that point. It should tell you in the book how much is left when that starts happening. I only got that low a few times and the one time I know I went about another 25 miles when it was flashing.

Gump, did you ever have any issues with the fuel gauge? When I parked the bike on Sunday I was at 1 bar but when I rode the other day it was on 3 bars for 10 minutes or so. 2 bars for 20 minutes then back to 1. Or is it just character of th

slow double posting laptop.

Edited by Gump