Where do flame threads go?

Likwid

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're deemed to be starting to get out of hand, they get moved to the Mod side, where only we can see them. There has been a conscious shift here recently to start crackin' down on all the shenanigans, before the new board version gets rolled out. That's why extra Mods have been added recently, and prior to that, the new reprimand system & recent disabling of Rep.

And yeah..... I said shenanigans.... Twice now ;)

Ok so, flaming is ok, to an extent.... I assume the line is somewhere around jokingly playing around and threatening to kill someone :)

This is all spelled out in the site rules. Ben's re-posted it several times lately. He's been pretty lax on enforcing it in the past aside from truly agregious items, but apparently it's been voted there's too much drama on here lately dragging the site down & making it unappealing to new members/sponsors, along with being an ever growing headache to the mods/admins

Reprimand system?

W

T

F?

You're too smart to play dumb very well ;)

Are you gonna come knocking at my door with handcuffs and lube!?!?

You can only hope evilgrin.gif

You don't recall Casper's thread about points and penalties? .... you HAVE to remember, it was only a month ago

Yahtzeeee! :cool:

Still plenty of fun to be had, just the drama & shit stirring is gonna be tolerated far less, from what I understand

This is all spelled out in the site rules. Ben's re-posted it several times lately. He's been pretty lax on enforcing it in the past aside from truly agregious items, but apparently it's been voted there's too much drama on here lately dragging the site down & making it unappealing to new members/sponsors, along with being an ever growing headache to the mods/admins

Yahtzeeee! :cool:

Still plenty of fun to be had, just the drama & shit stirring is gonna be tolerated far less, from what I understand

Unregistered users can't see any drama... they only get the first post. But I guess new users might get scared off.

Most of the forums I've used have a requirement to get into the Dungeon/Flame Room/Jail/etc etc etc.... usually 30 days & 30 posts or higher... of course most of them also have a "no moderators & no rules" policy in those sections.

gawd that would be EPIC!!!!!!!!!

I certainly preferred it, kept a LOT of us in check... but also you had to limit your involvement there as a user even. You KNEW if you said "So and so is a douche" you were wide open to be flamed back...

Kind of like Casper's calling the private SG stuff out, if you did something, you'd get called out... it had its pros and cons.

My Blackbird board is wide open.... Like the wild, wild west.... Anything goes. Nobody's ever been banned, though undesirables are taken care of in "other" ways, & only a few extreme things have ever even been modded

On the other end of the spectrum, I've personally been banned from a local "family friendly" motorcycle board for questioning some of their rules/policies as a newbie, & causing an epic ruckus/uproar. I can truly say I am the same person & act the same way on all three forums.... Just different things are tolerated by different sites

I don't want to see Justin starting any shit because he's too smart to do it without knowing he is doing it.

So it’s don't start no shit if you know you are about to but if it's an accident its okay?

The CBR board is wide open for anything but it somehow has way less drama than this board does. You could never get sponsors for it though because topics are rarely PC. I like that board and it is the first and last board I check when I get on the internet. I have been on it since 2004 and have less than 200 posts. I got my ass handed to me the first week I was on it, you can act like a fool all you want over there but your ass will be beat down if you're being stupid. It is a way older crowd with way thicker skin over there, without the broad range of topics there are here.

I like this place to meet up with others to ride. I never would have ridden the Coshocton area without being here and I really enjoy riding there. It helps that they have fan boy cheerleaders. I hate the fact that the two active local to me board members a sissy liberals though.

Few, if any, forums make any money. A forum is a cost center and at best can promote traffic to a a sponsor site... but usually not many sponsors at a time... there are exceptions but I'm speaking generally.

And yes, you're right, it's hard to find sponsors for a "less than pc" userbase, but it's also very hard to grow a userbase when it's too restrictive. Bottom line, Ben's not doing this for the money (at least I don't think he is).