Will Mike Holmgren save the Cleveland Browns?

TwiztedRabbit

Super Bowl winning head coach Mike Holmgren is in Cleveland today, talking with the Browns about becoming their new football czar/organizational savior.

Should Holmgren accept it, he would play basically the same role that Bill Parcells has played in Miami: He'd be in charge of pretty much everything football related, including team philosophy, personnel, and hiring and firing coaches and GMs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Will-Mike-Holmgren-save-the-Cleveland-Browns-?urn=nfl,208874

DISCUSS....

oh no personal attacks to inflame your mangina!!!! im so scared.... what am i to do with this big bad inter webbs bully! oh yeah i remember not give a Fu*k becuase your a douche... moving on... i can be a fan of whom ever i like where ever i live stfu and gtfo keep it to subject...:popcorn:

In a word, no. It's one thing surrounding yourself as an owner with people who know better than you, it's another thing to give these people (or person as it were) the keys to the ship and completely step back. Major league sports team usually don't have that kind of ownership, and that's ESPECIALLY true for Cleveland.

Sooner or later, Cleveland will find a coach that's not a complete fuck-up, and the team will fight their way back to a .500 season, maybe even a winning season. It happened with Romeo just as a fluke, I'm sure it will happen again. But completely fixed? Hell no.

I think holmgren will help turn it around, and like said make the a 500 team for a couple years until they got tired of him and someone else steps in. The problems in cleveland are deeper than the head coach.

I think Holmgren can do a decent job. He has been a successful coach and a good judge of player talent. Coaching has been a big problem, but the player recruitment has been really poor. They are so thin on D. Come on Mike Furrey, a receiver, is logging considerable time playing safety. That tells me that the D players on the bench are worthless. They need to get some depth and I think that Holmgren will be able to do a good job with all those picks that Mantard gained from this year.

Aside from expansion teams of Houston & Jacksonville.... I think pretty much every other team in the NFL has made a Super Bowl appearence... Even the formerly lowly Cardinals, Seahawks, newby Panthers & Ravens, with the Buccaneers & Rams even winning it.

Save for 2 "original" teams.... Lions & Browns... Whose cultures are so shitty, even Matt Millen, a second chance for the "new" Brownies, & legions of coaches & 1st round QB picks can't make either team a contender.

Nope.... These 2 losers are in a class all their own, right along with the Cubbies in baseball :rolleyes:

I do however, applaud their fans, because those poor people that stick with them, are loyal no matter what

Aside from expansion teams of Houston & Jacksonville.... I think pretty much every other team in the NFL has made a Super Bowl appearence... Even the formerly lowly Cardinals, Seahawks, newby Panthers & Ravens, with the Buccaneers & Rams even winning it.

the browns have won 8 league championships. four in the NFL and four in the AAFC which was absorbed into the NFL in 1950.