DiamoGirl havin surgery tomorrow...

SWing'R

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope everything went well this morning....best wishes for a quick recovery!!!

Mel

She hasn't gone in yet, her surgery was scheduled for 2:30pm,

according to the board she is still in preop waiting to go into surgery.

When I posted the thread last night they told us surgery was gonna be this morning,

it wasn't until this morning we found out it was gonna be this afternoon.

So I'm sittin her in St Anns surgery waiting room, thank goodness for free wifi huh :p

Edited by SWing'R
typo

SHE LIVES!!!!!!

Shes out of surgery and in recovery, doc said all went well

and she's "fixed" now :p

She will be able to come home later this evening.

Thanks all for bein there for me, and her ;)

if its any consilation, i work in a hospital and having a cholecystectomy is a relatively easy procedure. usually its done lapriscopically. just make sure she follows a low fat diet! 50 grams or less per day. one of the dietitians should come by to talk to her about it

...just make sure she follows a low fat diet! 50 grams or less per day. one of the dietitians should come by to talk to her about it

See thats weird, I asked the surgeon about that when he talked to me afterwards and he said theres no need to change your diet,

that the body does just fine without the gall bladder. Hmm, we'll see if anyone says anything and what the discharge papers say.

See thats weird' date=' I asked the surgeon about that when he talked to me afterwards and he said theres no need to change your diet,

that the body does just fine without the gall bladder. Hmm, we'll see if anyone says anything and what the discharge papers say.[/quote']

I asked countless times after my surgery...if it would be ok to walk up...stairs with staples in my leg. Everyone said it would be fine. Wonder how that one turned out? :rolleyes:

get several opinions dude.... I'd talk to a nutritionist anyway...

I thought we'd stop by Wendys for a tripple baconator on the way home from the hospital tonight!

J/K! We'll ask.

Still waiting for her to come out of recovery.

I thought we'd stop by Wendys for a tripple baconator on the way home from the hospital tonight!

J/K! We'll ask.

Still waiting for her to come out of recovery.

I'll meet ya for meat!!! mmmmm cheez burger....:D glad she's doin good and you are in good spirits...:)

See thats weird' date=' I asked the surgeon about that when he talked to me afterwards and he said theres no need to change your diet,

that the body does just fine without the gall bladder. Hmm, we'll see if anyone says anything and what the discharge papers say.[/quote']

Lol this is why there is a need for nutrition professionals in health care. I'm a clinical nutritionist at a hospital, so I don't want ya to think I speak without merit. Believe me, I experience things like this all the time with doctors. Once you understand the function of the gallbladder and bile, you will understand why its important to watch how much fat is in her diet. I'm sure some of her symptoms included one or all: gas, bloating, cramping, abd pain, loose stools? These can all be symptoms of fat malabsorption. did she have a stone blocking her common bile duct? This is called cholelithiasis. Typically the stones are made of cholesterol and less common bilirubin (stuff that makes your poop brown and skin yellow in janice). Anyways, if bile is not present to emulsify fat, the body cannot properly metabolize it. This is basically the premise behind bein on a low fat diet. Since the gall bladder is not present to control how much bile is released, bile is released straight into the common bile duct. There may not be enough bile to break down all or most of the fat consumed and then you experience the same symptoms as before. Ok, enough typing for me today :)

hmmm.. my sister had it done and she has to watch what she eats or has to run for the nearest bathroom almost as soon as she eats.

Lol this is why there is a need for nutrition professionals in health care. I'm a clinical nutritionist at a hospital, so I don't want ya to think I speak without merit. Believe me, I experience things like this all the time with doctors. Once you understand the function of the gallbladder and bile, you will understand why its important to watch how much fat is in her diet. I'm sure some of her symptoms included one or all: gas, bloating, cramping, abd pain, loose stools? These can all be symptoms of fat malabsorption. did she have a stone blocking her common bile duct? This is called cholelithiasis. Typically the stones are made of cholesterol and less common bilirubin (stuff that makes your poop brown and skin yellow in janice). Anyways, if bile is not present to emulsify fat, the body cannot properly metabolize it. This is basically the premise behind bein on a low fat diet. Since the gall bladder is not present to control how much bile is released, bile is released straight into the common bile duct. There may not be enough bile to break down all or most of the fat consumed and then you experience the same symptoms as before. Ok, enough typing for me today :)

Amazing how little physicians know about nutrition. If we didn't need it - it wouldn't be there. Like the tonsils and the appendix.. commonly removed in the past as being of little worth. Proven to be incorrect.

Glad everything came out good, I remember when my dad had his gall bladder removed, He came home and mom said he had to watch this movie. Harry and the Hendersons. After watching that movie he was ready to kill her cause he laughed so hard and everytime he laughed it hurt.Which I thought was funny.

Glad everything came out good, I remember when my dad had his gall bladder removed, He came home and mom said he had to watch this movie. Harry and the Hendersons. After watching that movie he was ready to kill her cause he laughed so hard and everytime he laughed it hurt.Which I thought was funny.

I think that movie was only funny the first time for me, though.

I remember my recovery from hernia surgery, full opening, no laproscopic stuff for me (:asshole: Dr.) Never did take any of the darvocet they gave me, although I had it filled just in case. I had a 6 week recovery, and I remember sitting on the ground next to my Camaro, reaching in under the dash changing the heater core after the first week or so. I couldn't take it being down doing nothing.