Would you rather grow up in 1957 or 2009?

justin0469

Want irony? The fastest jet ever used in the military, the SR71 Blackbird, was developed before I was born! Computers became inexpensive enough for us to have 6 while I was in middle school. The drinking age was still 18yo while I was in school! I was part of the last generation to be inoculated for small pox! I was in school when the first space shuttle craft blew up while launching. I remember coming home to watch tv shows in black and white. I remember John Wayne dying.:eek:

How old am I? :p

:D what do i win?!?!?!

and do i get an additonal prize if i know the day too :confused:

Go for it because the date on here is the wrong one.:p As far as winning, you win a free tour of the off road trails surrounding Old Mans cave, so get your knobies on. ;)

I'm still growing up in one of the most technologically advanced era in our history. Being connected is becoming better and better every year, and if you exclude the current idiotic war, it's been amazing to see where things are going. Things wouldn't be exciting if they were boring, right?

I'm happy to be growing up in 2009. I've been exposed to and seen things both physically and through the digital connections of the world that I would have never been exposed to growing up in 1957.

Yes, some things are a little retarded. But if we live in that perfect 1957 bubble for all of our lives then we get nowhere.

They were growing up in the most technologically advanced time in history to that point too in 1957

They were growing up in the most technologically advanced time in history to that point too in 1957

Damnit Fonz. Lol

They were living in a dream world in the 50s. We are living in the now. No more crazy aspirations of flying cars and casually going to the moon.

Damnit Fonz. Lol

They were living in a dream world in the 50s. We are living in the now. No more crazy aspirations of flying cars and casually going to the moon.

I still aspire to have a flying motorcycle. ;) Taking off is the easy part, landing can be hard.:D

• 1 year later...