Crashed down south Saturday 14 NOV

Giantxtc

Hey all i just wanted to post another what not to do when acting like a hooligan. So there i was riding with a great group of guys and we are all pretty fast. Well we were some where down south east around highway 255 i think. Anyway we went through a valley on the other end a nice uphill right hander got the best of me. I entered the corner to fast and after a split second of looking away i stood the bike up and hammered on the brakes. i am pretty sure i entered the ditch some where around 30 mph and got tossed. I probably would have not hurt the bike much except for a stretigically placed piece of concrete that flipped the bike on its head and me well over the bars and onto my head. The bike ended upside down pointing in the direction i was headed so it must have done a half twist in there some how. Fortunately the ditch was nice and soft and no branches or trees or other slabs of concrete. I am banged up and this morning more aches showed up or got much worse. I am not sure how but i did not brake anything. Thank god for Frank Thomas full leathers, shoi helmet and Astar SMX-R boots, Frank Thomas Rage gloves. My gloves were ripped helmet scratched and nicked on the very top and other then that just some mudd and grass deposits. My right calf is pretty swollen from the rear sets being solid and other then that its feeling like a heavy bag after Tyson works out on it. All i can say is that after 20 years of riding on the street and 30 years of riding over all i am no longer one of those guys who has not crashed. It is pretty easy to get yourself into trouble on the toys we ride but when we do it ourselves with a split second in lack of attention our world ends upside down and inside out. I tell everyone look where you want to go and not where you don't. I did exactly the latter and amazingly i went where i did not want to. As for the bike, well upper stay is bent, front Corrozzaria wheel bent, front tire pinched and torn{holds air thank god) Every piece of plastic scrathed or cracked, windscreen cracked, forks look straight but need to remove them to make sure, mirrors gone. The good part is the rear swing arm, frame and motor are fine. Hell i even rode it back with a slight wobble after removing some of the broekn plastic. Any way i will live to ride againa nd the bike can be rebuilt. At least it was at the end of the season and not the beginning. Cheers all and ride safe, unlike me that is. I will post pics later today after i take them and hopefully get them from the guys who i was riding with who snapped some live right after it happened.

Glad you are OK, fellow 1000RR owner. My model year and color as well. I almost bit it on Rt.26 on my last long ride by entering a tight corner too hot. I don't know how I made it but I just leaned over further and chopped the throttle, a big mistake but it got me through the turn. Our bikes seem to be very forgiving, more or less. It's amazing that as great as those bikes are, they are outdated already. I'm not getting rid of it though...

Dang dude. Sorry to hear and glad your in one piece.

The good thing is now you can have Red go get a "Nurse" outfit and well...yeah you know. :D

if you wanna get suspension work done check out Ruebens shop. Who is a sponsor here and gives us a discount.

http://www.35motorsports.com/

Every time I hear another story .... it makes me worry and wonderful if I should go through with it.

Just remember that every story is a lesson - there are things you can learn from everyone who's gone down that might prevent you from repeating. Sometimes it's rider error, sometimes it's conditions, sometimes it's over-riding, but don't let it all scare ya - just give you a healthier respect for the asphalt.

If you stay sober, wear your gear, ride at a comfortable pace, stay out of traffic and big group rides you've just eliminated 90% of what puts most new riders on the ground.