Khalid Sheikh Mohammed

alab32

Was this the right decision?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Was this the right decision?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know

All I'm saying is that more stuff goes on over there than many of us know. So people here really don't have a clue, but think they know what's best.

You can say that for anything though. The CEO of a company doesn't know specifics on projects, so he makes directional decisions that may not necessarily be in the best interest of the project that you may be working on. I deal with that all the time. Yet, we still make decisions at the macro level and it filters down to the micro level.

So, following your train of thought, because I work on certain projects and see what's best for my little area of expertise, the CEO doesn't have a clue because he's not involved in the minutiae.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Therein lies the problem... there's a TON of perverse incentives to tailor the 'reports' of the underlings a certain way. The CEO isn't necessarily getting factual information for a bunch different political reasons.

Just because you don't understand the decision doesn't make it a bad one.. even if it directly negatively impacts your job at that time. What's good for the company may not always be what's good for Justin.

I understand that. It wasn't a complaint so much as it was a statement of reality.

If you're suggesting that our military commanders are lying to Generals in order to achieve/pursue their own agenda then the U.S. has a bigger problem than we think. I am not so inclined to believe such a thing' date=' but I won't ever rule it out. However, I would need some seriously hard evidence to even consider that a member or our own Armed Forces is manipulating intelligence to gain personal advancement/desired outcome.[/quote']

SSP Working Paper

May 2003

Michael Schrage

Perfect Information and

Perverse Incentives:

Costs and Consequences

of Transformation

and Transparency

http://web.mit.edu/ssp/Publications/working_papers/wp03-1.pdf

In my not so important experience, there are people who are genuinely happy the troops are there. There are others who, for financial, religious, personal security or other reasons, resent the fact that we are in their country. The later are the people who you WONT hear from, unless they are trying to blow you up. They don't come to you on the street and tell you what they feel or throw stones at you. You have a weapon and an army to back you up...they don't (at least in broad day light while they are outnumbered). I base this on family members who have lived in countries that had a US military presence. One of my uncles was the equivalent of a senator at one point, and Muslim fanatics attempted to overthrow the government by force, trapping him for a period of time. I've been in the Army, but never deployed over seas. However, I have done a lot of traveling in my years on this earth, outside of just visiting for leisure.

I guess my point is, you may think you're the best point of reference for a given situation because you feel you're in the middle of it.. but best believe appearances aren't always what they seem.

my...my.....fellow thread hookers........I got busy.......but checked all of the thread.....lots of opinions and resources, ideas that's what I want out of a thread like this. You don't have to agree with me neither do I.....but that's how a debate should go....it's all good.....and just to remind everybody....."IT'S NEVER PERSONAL" from me......

Lastly my hats off and kudos to all and forget not that who by service or by policy trying to make the world a better and safer place.......:bow:

"That's enough of my drunky political speech" :cheers:

my...my.....fellow thread hookers........I got busy.......but checked all of the thread.....lots of opinions and resources, ideas that's what I want out of a thread like this. You don't have to agree with me neither do I.....but that's how a debate should go....it's all good.....and just to remind everybody....."IT'S NEVER PERSONAL" from me......

Lastly my hats off and kudos to all and forget not that who by service or by policy trying to make the world a better and safer place.......:bow:

"That's enough of my drunky political speech" :cheers:

A week later, and you're still drunk? :lol: