Google Android - Droid has landed

V4junkie

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me if it's got a hardware FM tuner??

No one mentions it on the Droid, but I've heard that the iPhone has one built in (just not enabled, probably will be with a firmware update, as a "look what we can do now" thing without replacing handsets).

Is Droid hiding an FM tuner on the PCB somewheres even though it's not mentioned anywhere and no current apps unlock and enable it?

just got mine today round 8 love it so far wish it would have came with a manual. Anyne know of a good website to teach me how to use it? the google maps is pretty awsome.

try this

Can anyone tell me if it's got a hardware FM tuner??

No one mentions it on the Droid, but I've heard that the iPhone has one built in (just not enabled, probably will be with a firmware update, as a "look what we can do now" thing without replacing handsets).

Is Droid hiding an FM tuner on the PCB somewheres even though it's not mentioned anywhere and no current apps unlock and enable it?

no turner that im aware of. i just pandora music. i know its not local but i like it.

Got the SNES emulator working last night, played some Chrono Trigger and it was smooth as butta. Have to spend $3.50 on the full emu if you want to save your games. I'm ok with that.

Oh and if anyone wants an easy program to drag and drop music onto an android phone here's the one I'm using:

http://www.doubletwist.com/dt/Home/Index.dt

P.P.S. if you think your camera is slow, back it off the 3mp. Less image processing speeds stuff up a LOT and we all know 3mp is great for everyday stuff. I'll probably only switch it back to 5mp if I'm on vacation or something like that.

Edited by V4junkie

I've thought about getting an iPhone for awhile now, but I'm sticking with Verizon. I keep hearing that iPhone will be on Verizon sometime or other. I saw the Droid advertisement, went online that night to read about it, and I like what I read about it.

Thanks for all the information. I think a Droid is my Christmas present to myself...after everyone else is taken of, of course.

i just pulled mine files over on my computer to my phone i didnt use any program????

Yeah you can do it as a USB drive too. I just like this program because it brings all my files to one place, I can sync all or drag stuff without going into the directory. Probably only saves me a total of 10 seconds each time :p

Trouble in paradise over here. Well, not the phone's fault. Bought a cheap micro USB charger on eBay to keep at work. Long story short, when plugged into the phone and the screen is on it looks like a 4 year old on Skittles and Mountain Dew is playing with my phone. Random swipes, shakes, presses, etc. I don't know if it's the voltage or some sort of static interference, I don't know enough about this stuff. Anyway, looks crazy. Phone is fine when off of the charger or when on the charger and the screen is off.

Weird . . .

FYI there is a problem with Motorola Droid, according to a verizon friend.

This only affects some, and not all, but figured it was worth mentioning.

The problem is with the speaker. Doesn't always seem to have the correct volume. Often very quiet, even when turned up fully. Supposedly there is a software patch coming out in December for it. To resolve the problem, remove the battery and turn it back on.

2nd note. I love this thing. I went with the HTC Eris though.

not a problem haha. oh figured out one thing that i hate...

the usb charging cords are short as fuck! gotta find me a 6footer haha and one know what size that cord is where is plugs into the phone?

USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B - 3ft $0.83

USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B - 6ft $1.07 (temporarily out of stock though)

USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B - 10ft $1.41

USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B - 15ft $1.68

You said you wanted a 6 foot one, but sadly, they're on backorder for a bit. If you're willing to spare the extra 34 cents though, you can get a 10 foot one, or an uber-extravagant 15 foot one for just 27 cents over the 10 foot one.

• 3 weeks later...