U P has a new bike

Uncle Punk

Mmmmm, FireBlade...

My 919 is a detuned FireBlade, yours has 60 extra horsepower, heh.

Mine is scary enough, yours is the real thing.

Slipper clutch stock or optional?

edit: oh and +1 on the Ventura gear

Edited by ReconRat

Slipper clutch stock & mine is the more awesome’er 2008

Garrett already has me committed to a Gap trip next year, I would have loved to make the last one but I didn't have a bike. The whole Buell thread got me started on a new bike now, I was going to wait until next spring.

So when ya bringing it thru? I'll stand on the square and wave as you head South. Last time I was leaning right as you folks were leaning left-uh no politico lean or ramifications, just a lil' peace sign from the red leaning bike. Did find Jim up at station though.

Slipper clutch stock & mine is the more awesome’er 2008

Garrett already has me committed to a Gap trip next year, I would have loved to make the last one but I didn't have a bike. The whole Buell thread got me started on a new bike now, I was going to wait until next spring.

What type of slipper are they using? Vacuum operated diaphragm?

I'm not sure it doesn't work quite like the yoyodyne slipper clutch I had in my track bike but it works as well as the slipper in my old ZX6RR. It might work better but I haven't really tested it yet. I haven't checked the tire pressures or set any of the suspension to my liking. I know for me the shock is the weak link because right now it doesn't like to be unsettled leaned over.

That is not me, I don't know how that rumor got started. I usually rock the gear.

picture.php?albumid=412&pictureid=4218

I did trade the blue ninja 250 in on the new Honda, it's one of the reasons I made the deal. They gave me $1,500 for the ninja and we only paid $1,300 for it. My girlfriend actually bought it but didn't take to it and was through with it.

I have a healthy respect for it but am afraid it will speed me into a situation too fast. I don't ever want a 1K track bike because of the speed.

I have been lucky on the 600 when I got in too hot, it was time to stop braking and make the turn hoping I had scrubbed off enough speed. This thing will certainly get me in more of those situations. Not that it happens often in fact only once this year on 26 did I have a moment where I thought that could have been bad. I would have rather had a 600 I think but I did kill the last one driving it around close to red line for hours in southern Ohio. This one should last longer if it doesn't end up putting me in a ditch.

$1500 for the 250, $6500 for the 1k...can't afford to NOT do that deal. Congrats, man! I get where you're coming from, too on the healthy respect. Can't wait to see it up close!

You have to remember that you don't need to have the 1000 bouncing off the rev limiter, use the torque it has down low and pick a higher gear. It'll pull through just about anything....TRUST ME. :D

And if you really want to get a quick butt pucker I'll trade you for a few miles down south. LOL!