U P has a new bike

Uncle Punk

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=8164

Some of you guys might have heard already because I posted it in the Buell thread. I figured I should not mess up that thread with more of my Honda pictures.

I test rode the bike last Wednesday, bought it Saturday and rode it home today. 2008 CBR1000RR dealer demo with 2,800 miles new bike warranty started Saturday.

WOW is all I can say after riding it around some today. I am starting to think I might have made a mistake buying a 1K, this thing scares me. I have owned a CBR1100XX, Busa and a ZX12R so I am somewhat used to bikes that are capable of going fast but this is different fast I'm afraid it's going to get me into trouble. I really liked my old 600 it wasn't fast enough to get me into trouble and it was kind of fun to ride a slow bike fast. Now I have a fast bike and I'm afraid to ride it fast. If I could have gotten a similar deal on a 600 I would have bought one but I only paid $6,500 for this bike I don't know of too many better deals out there for a sport bike.

I don't have a digital camera except for the one in my phone so no pictures. I am going to find a rack to mount my bags to it but I think the whole baby thing will be retired.

Edited by Uncle Punk
a camera is not a phone

nice bike IP! I only saw the baby once, but I'm saddened by the thought of never again seeing a baby waving at me through corners.

whoa wrillo... don't be going around confusing IP with UP.

They're both homos, but one carries a baby and one carries a 'warbanner' (manscarf)

whoa wrillo... don't be going around confusing IP with UP.

They're both homos, but one carries a baby and one carries a 'warbanner' (manscarf)

whoa.. sorry dude, complete typo. No offense intended

:Dno offense intended, :lol: I kill me sometimes

Sounds like the least useful piece of equipment ever made. If it doesn't take pictures what does it do?

It may be a russian nesting camera. Once you finally get to the center you find a camera actually small enough to photograph a Busa owner's twig and berries.

:lol:

First post has been edited to fix the camera that doesn't take pictures.

I already have the bags and pack rack just need the L-brackets.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/fitments.aspx?modelid=979

Lots of storage if you put two bags together.

Tony, I will be ready for a ride this spring.

What's up with new bike fever in the fall, Garrett and Tony? Congrats to both of you on your new bikes also.

Tod, what little riding I have done around you, and from the guys we both know, I can't imagine you being scared of any bike. Scared you might rack up some wicked tickets? Sure. Can't see you afraid of a machine.

Now will you be picking up a red bandana to compliment your new red bike?

[ATTACH]1443[/ATTACH]

Tod, what little riding I have done around you, and from the guys we both know, I can't imagine you being scared of any bike. Scared you might rack up some wicked tickets? Sure. Can't see you afraid of a machine.

Now will you be picking up a red bandana to compliment your new red bike?

[ATTACH]1443[/ATTACH]

That is not me, I don't know how that rumor got started. I usually rock the gear.

picture.php?albumid=412&pictureid=4218

I did trade the blue ninja 250 in on the new Honda, it's one of the reasons I made the deal. They gave me $1,500 for the ninja and we only paid $1,300 for it. My girlfriend actually bought it but didn't take to it and was through with it.

I have a healthy respect for it but am afraid it will speed me into a situation too fast. I don't ever want a 1K track bike because of the speed.

I have been lucky on the 600 when I got in too hot, it was time to stop braking and make the turn hoping I had scrubbed off enough speed. This thing will certainly get me in more of those situations. Not that it happens often in fact only once this year on 26 did I have a moment where I thought that could have been bad. I would have rather had a 600 I think but I did kill the last one driving it around close to red line for hours in southern Ohio. This one should last longer if it doesn't end up putting me in a ditch.

I have a healthy respect for it but am afraid it will speed me into a situation too fast. I don't ever want a 1K track bike because of the speed.

I have been lucky on the 600 when I got in too hot, it was time to stop braking and make the turn hoping I had scrubbed off enough speed. This thing will certainly get me in more of those situations. Not that it happens often in fact only once this year on 26 did I have a moment where I thought that could have been bad. I would have rather had a 600 I think but I did kill the last one driving it around close to red line for hours in southern Ohio. This one should last longer if it doesn't end up putting me in a ditch.

I think you can handle a liter bike better than most.