Raffle for free hotel room night with Army Spur Donation

Earache

I'm trying to raise some cash to help buy spurs for Ohio US Army Cavalry Spurs.

Members of the US Army Cav units are award a set of spurs with their name engraved on them for serving in a combat zone. Ohio has one such unit, the C-TROOP 2-107 CAV unit, serving in Iraq right now. They need to raise around $3,500 to equip each soldier serving with spurs.

A-Soldier.jpg

spurboot.jpg

This spurs are purchased through donations. Each set of spurs runs $25, but any amount will help. Donations can be paypal'd to EaracheMS@Gmail.com or sent to the Army Wife in charge of accepting donations here:

NANCY STEMAN-FEDERLE

2908 BOHLEN DRIVE

HILLIARD, OHIO 43026

Please make the checks payable to "Friends and Family of C-TROOP 2-107 CAV" and also let me know your name and how much you've donated so that I can enter you into the raffle outlined below.

Raffle!

For every $10 you donate, you'll get one entry into a drawing for a free hotel room for one night in Indianapolis or Columbus.

Stay free at either the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre or the Columbus Doubletree Hotel Downtown.

Indy: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3054

Columbus: http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/CMHSBDT-Doubletree-Guest-Suites-Columbus-Ohio/index.doI'll keep track of the names and donations and then forward them to Casper for the drawing. That way, I can show no favoritism (or un-favoritism:D ).

You pick the dates and which city you want to stay in. The hotels will award a free room as long as they're not sold out or have some huge function going on. Indy might be able to award the room during MotoGP weekend if the reservation is made far enough in advance.

Please help - THANKS!!!!

Edited by Earache

The second pic is wrong. Combat spurs are gold not silver. Silver spurs are earned by doing a spur ride. I hope you can raise the money. I'll see if I have any money I can spare for you.

I just got some pics with spurs on Arny boots - didn't know. Thanks for the clarification. Apparently, Google is not my friend!

which payment method is preferred?

Paypal to EaracheMS@gmail.com or send me a check if you'd like.

I like the checks better as they're easier to track who's paid what, but either way is cool.

Thanks!

Edited by Earache

Each set of spurs cost about $25. They need to raise about $3,500 to get each soldier a set of combat spur. There must be about 140 soldiers because $3500 divided by $25 is 140.

That's pretty much it.

• 1 month later...