2 into one exhaut

rick37

ok here is the deal

I was getting ready for my ride on weneday 10-21 and after rolling my bike out of the garage I noticed something was not right on my bike and after a few minutes I noticed I lost my muffler from the rear cyclinder,I mut have dropped it sometime yesterday when I went for a short ride.Any way I was wondering if there is a way to to fab up a adapter to make it 2 into 1 exhaust.

Both of my head pipes are even at the back where they lip-ons go.

ok here is the deal

I was getting ready for my ride on weneday 10-21 and after rolling my bike out of the garage I noticed something was not right on my bike and after a few minutes I noticed I lost my muffler from the rear cyclinder,I mut have dropped it sometime yesterday when I went for a short ride.Any way I was wondering if there is a way to to fab up a adapter to make it 2 into 1 exhaust.

Both of my head pipes are even at the back where they lip-ons go.

I have no idea...what you need, or how to help you...however i have a question. Is it louder now, than it was before? I think you scared Snoman last time. :D

I am not sure I thought about getting a pipe with a diameter big enough to slip of them both then heating it up and trying to form it to fit tightly then have it chromed.

But i may also get lucky,A buddy of mine has a set of slip ons now if the will fit. I have not seen them yet but my fingers are crossed

All good ideas -

1. What kind of bike do you have? yr / model

2. What kind of style are you going for on the 2-1? maybe we can find a used or budget priced new one for ya

As far as hurting the engine, kinda depends on how you modify it.

Short answer is if you do a 2-1 and restore original back pressure no harm done, if you reduce backpressure, depending on how much you reduce it, you'll run the risk of leaning out the fuel / air mix which could cause your bike to run hot and do internal damage over time, if off by a crazy amount it may damage it sooner. If you increase the back pressure then you lose power and richen up the fuel/air mix and run the risk of scoring the cylinder walls by having too much carbon build up.

All good ideas -

1. What kind of bike do you have? yr / model

2. What kind of style are you going for on the 2-1? maybe we can find a used or budget priced new one for ya

As far as hurting the engine, kinda depends on how you modify it.

Short answer is if you do a 2-1 and restore original back pressure no harm done, if you reduce backpressure, depending on how much you reduce it, you'll run the risk of leaning out the fuel / air mix which could cause your bike to run hot and do internal damage over time, if off by a crazy amount it may damage it sooner. If you increase the back pressure then you lose power and richen up the fuel/air mix and run the risk of scoring the cylinder walls by having too much carbon build up.

Its a 02 honda shadow spirit 1100, For now I do have the stock exhaust back on it, Before next season I want to change the oem exhaust back out,

I bought a set of samson pipes off ebay and I guess I did not have the top slip on tight enough and it came off thus the intrest in making it 2 in to 1 now.

Lol I remember doing that myself,

I put a hand made cut & weld 2-1 on my 94 VT1100C (Spirit) it had a loud but kinda muffled sound - I put a Big ole Yoshimura Round CF muff on it.

The bike has low compression from the factory so if you jetted the carbs for the ebay pipes then you should be close enough to do the 2-1. If you've not jetted the carbs, get it done sure beats paying for an engine along with the loss of power, etc.

00000002.jpg

Here's one of my more creative (yeah, butt ugly lol) 2-1 setups notice the plumbing 90 degree elbow lol, I don't know what I was thinking, I'll root through my computer @ home and see if I can get you the last set of pix before I sold the beast