Pics of your pets...Lets see 'em!

ohdaho

ifyou have a male its ok to get a female.. and its ok to get a male if both are nuetered... spoke to many akita owners and breeders on this... no in our case we have a female.. the only thing we can get now that ours has some age..2 yrs is a male... 2 female akitas cannot! be in the same house living unless they were raised from weening together.. but males and can added at any point.. and as many as you want again as long as they are neutered..

I see there is a female puppy in central ohio. I don't think I have the time nor the patience for an Akita puppy right now. Plus with work schedule, school schedule...not sure I want to put myself through that. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the advice on the males.

twice a year? yeah..I used to believe that lie! LOL My Akita blows coat about 7=8 times a year. I've often wondered if it's from the temp difference inside and outside...maybe his body can't get on a normal blow schedule.

let me rephrase.. 2 times really bad.. rest of the year.. just weekly brushings

Yep, he is a cocker spaniel, Will be 14 in June, thinks he's part cat, part human. Is spoiled beyond belief!

haha sounds like how mine was. I think he was 15 or 16 before we had to let him go :(. Seems like a lifetime ago since we had that dog. He was the best though...spoiled, lazy as shit, but wouldn't let anyone mess with me (including when my parents yelled at me :lol: )

• 4 weeks later...