Buell is discontinued, MV Agusta for sale...

Tpoppa

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Interesting!

Yamaha is expressing interest in buying Buell.

October 16, 2009

AP

Iwata, Japan

In a statement released by Yamaha Motor Corporation, Hirofumi Osawa, President of Yamaha Corporation of America, stated that the company is looking into acquiring recently defunct Buell Motorcycles. “We are interested in the spirit of innovation that Buell has used as a foundation in their business. We feel their values align well with Yamaha’s culture”, stated Mr. Osawa.

According to Yamaha, discussions of a purchase are in the exploratory stage. Harley-Davidson Corp, owner of Buell since 2003, could not be reached for comment.

You guys missed the HD bashing going on in the Harley Freedom site. :lol: The real irony was that they had to start censoring the posts because so many people were pissed over them dropping Buell.

The best quote was f%20hd%20falcon.JPG

Very Interesting!

Can you find a credible source where that came from?

I see that same exact message flying around on a lot of forums when I google search it, but NOTHING in any news source or from the Yamaha Motor Corp site itself...

I don't know if I'll buy it until I read it somewhere other than an internet BB.

was just hopin buell would hang around long enough to take harley down the tube with them

HD will never go under at this point, to many doctors, lawyers, dentists, CEO's, CFO's and computer geeks have images that rely upon the ability to get the 2010 model due out next year. :rolleyes:

Plus if HD goes under whose gonna piss off the old people with loud pipes. :lol:

I think it sucks balls. Buell is just starting to shine and they are showing that they are capable of making bikes that work really well. What I think is actually going on is that HD is bleeding and they need to cut the things that are absorbing money.

I think it is a sign of what is to come. I think HD is going to cut back and streamline to stay floating. I also believe that someone will come in and help Buell stick around. He's using Rotax power so, he can pull it off if he can get the support needed...

Good luck to Buell and screw HD. It's about time people figured out that they are paying too much for outdated technology. I am just saddened to see they let a company go that could have helped them advance...

Thats a big +1.

• 4 weeks later...
Erik himself canceled production of the Blast because "it was giving young riders the wrong impression about the Buell"

That was the marketing angle conceived by HD. It was just before the equally-poorly-recived "Book of Buell" that was also 100% conceived by HD Marketing.

btw, that was said to be the 2010 Blast. Actually, the 2010 Blast hit HD showrooms without Buell or HD badging. It is still used by the HD Riders Edge Program.

btw, that was said to be the 2010 Blast. Actually, the 2010 Blast hit HD showrooms without Buell or HD badging. It is still used by the HD Riders Edge Program.

They have a 2010 Blast at Gover's HD in Piqua. Only want like 2 something for it.

It's karma because a lot of the blast owners would have liked to seen E Buell dead after that ad came out ;)