WTF!!!!! Pres. Obama reciveves the Nobel Peace Prize!??!?!

Tomcat0403

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well damn, he better get on that! He's only got like 3+ years to get all that done... in between trying to stabilize the economy and trying to finally get 'Mission Accomplished'.

Bush would've been on his 3rd 3 week vacation to his ranch by now after accomplishing so much.

Edited by JRMMiii

Well damn, he better get on that! He's only got like 3+ years to get all that done... in between trying to stabilize the economy and trying to finally get 'Mission Accomplished'.

Bush would've been on his 3rd 3 week vacation to his ranch by now after accomplishing so much.

You know I watched a special on NatGeo the other night, about Airforce one. And love him or hate him, George Dubyah, secretly left his family on thanksgiving and flew covertly to Iraq for an unannounced visit to the troops on Thanksgiving in 2003 in Baghdad at the height of the war. So if he took a few vacations oh well, I think it pails in comparison to Obama's trip to Hawaii a few days before the election, date night in New York, Trip to Martha's vineyard, and his countless stops across the world on his Apology World Tour.

HAHA, fail

You know I watched a special on NatGeo the other night, about Airforce one. And love him or hate him, George Dubyah, secretly left his family on thanksgiving and flew covertly to Iraq for an unannounced visit to the troops on Thanksgiving in 2003 in Baghdad at the height of the war. So if he took a few vacations oh well, I think it pails in comparison to Obama's trip to Hawaii a few days before the election, date night in New York, Trip to Martha's vineyard, and his countless stops across the world on his Apology World Tour.

So, Bush gets props for doing his job - considering he was a proponent for the war, but Obama can't visit sick family members, something he has no control over? Date night was also a ONE day thing... not WEEKS on a ranch.

That's illogical.

Hm, Nobel Price, I don't know.

I can't understand why people always complain, "well, what has he done so far". Repair of issues in a country that has been driven into the ground for 8 years cannot be done within a few months. It is like eating unhealthy and fatty for 8 years and being 150 lbs overweight - eating right for a few months won't make you lose all that extra weight yet. It takes time, especially with the opposition he has to deal with. Republicans in the senate are still controlling a lot of aspects of the US politics...

I for my part still think that he will do good. People just gotta give him a chance.

And, ALL politician promise crap that they won't keep anyways just to get elected - in EVERY country!

So, Bush gets props for doing his job - considering he was a proponent for the war, but Obama can't visit sick family members, something he has no control over? Date night was also a ONE day thing... not WEEKS on a ranch.

That's illogical.

you mean his typical white grandmother? who was scared of the black man? :wtf:

I'm pretty sure everyone in congress was a proponent of the war too, my point was that your comments about Bush's vacations were no more truthful than Obama's vacations.

Hm, Nobel Price, I don't know.

I can't understand why people always complain, "well, what has he done so far". Repair of issues in a country that has been driven into the ground for 8 years cannot be done within a few months. It is like eating unhealthy and fatty for 8 years and being 150 lbs overweight - eating right for a few months won't make you lose all that extra weight yet. It takes time, especially with the opposition he has to deal with. Republicans in the senate are still controlling a lot of aspects of the US politics...

I for my part still think that he will do good. People just gotta give him a chance.

And, ALL politician promise crap that they won't keep anyways just to get elected - in EVERY country!

Well I would say you started the analogy right but the delivery was wrong.

It's like eating unhealthy for 8 years and realzing you need a triple bypass and instead eating a fried donut burger every day for 9 months followed up by a 3 day pancake bender at Ihop and a night cap for fourth meal at TacoBell and convincing yourself that the self induced colitis will flush out all the "bad stuff" from your system.

donut_bacon_burger_0.jpg

.........Enters Kanye............

"Yo Pres. Obama, I see you got the Nobel Peace Prize.

I'm real happy for you, and Imma let you finish,

But the Dalai Lama was the most peaceful cat of all time!

OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if rep doesn't come back just for this, nothing will bring it back.

Seriously though....

I support the President, and would like to see him succeed in improving the state of the Nation.

HOWEVER, I do maintain that the award would hold more weight if it were presented after the initiatives have been implemented. I agree with RSV, JRMiii, and others who believe that this kinda cheapens the award for the predecessors who've accomplished great things in the world, thus earning this distinction.

Truth be told, I'm not sure if "my" pride would have allowed me to accept it... But that's just me.

Stepping out of bounds here, but perhaps this could act as preemptive motivation... You know, give you an award for what you say that you're going to do, now the WHOLE world is watching, listening, and waiting... You have NO choice but to deliver. However I've learned that this tactic does not work with children and candy (the lil' bastards will eat your Snickers, and still leave you with a nasty car and a yard full of leaves... FCUKERS).

Stepping out of bounds here, but perhaps this could act as preemptive motivation... You know, give you an award for what you say that you're going to do, now the WHOLE world is watching, listening, and waiting... You have NO choice but to deliver. However I've learned that this tactic does not work with children and candy (the lil' bastards will eat your Snickers, and still leave you with a nasty car and a yard full of leaves... FCUKERS).

so we'll take it away if he doesn't step up to the plate?

so we'll take it away if he doesn't step up to the plate?

That would be interesting. However, since they awarded the prize based upon his promises, The Nobel Foundation has no recouse should he not deliver... He made a promise, and they gave him an award for it.

Kinda like if I were telling our CEO all of the great things that I plan to do for our clients and he gives me a bonus. If I don't deliver, too bad, the money's spent; you gave me money for promising you isht (granted he could fire me tho).