Bengals vs Steelers

APCh8r

Thats fine.....But have you lived in Ohio all your life?

I just dont get people who are against their local teams.

I have no problem liking other teams...but you got to support your locals.

I actually like The colts too....but The Bengals are the hometown to me.

Thats fine.....But have you lived in Ohio all your life?

I just dont get people who are against their local teams.

I have no problem liking other teams...but you got to support your locals.

I actually like The colts too....but The Bengals are the hometown to me.

Yes, born and raised on Ohio. What difference does it make where you live? I know people around here who are cowboys fans!

I lived in Cinci in 95-96 and had a hard time finding any Bengals fans. Why? Because they SUCKED!!! With the exception of a season here or there, they have always sucked. You could go down to Riverfront and get good seats on gameday for just about any game because no one was going to the games. You couldnt watch the games on TV because there was a local TV blackout if the games didnt sell out, and they never did. Its the BIGGEST bandwagon team in the NFL! If they are above .500, everybodys mom digs out her faded Icky Woods jersey, if they are below .500, they are Eleanor Rigby, no one outside of Cinci cares.

At least the Browns fans have some soul. They sell out every miserable, cold, lousy, losing game. Always have.

Being a Browns fan I can understand, but, if the fact that they are local is the best reason to support the Bengals, I'll pass.

Bengals aren't my local team so I don't care that I don't like them, I live in Dayton. Steelers and the Packers are the biggest athletic team fan base in the US. Steeler fans are EVERYWHERE!

You can buy a Bengals ticket with ease, not a Steelers or packer ticket. :D Hell Packers has almost a 100 year wait list for season tickets! :eek::lol:

All I know is that Troy needs to man up because my Steelers are missing him.

Who Dey Homie....From the Ickey woods, Boomer Era Of the Great Bengals.

The same bengals that were a top notch team.....But this was long long ago in a galaxy far away.

I am proud to be a Bengals fan....Thick and Thin.....Shitty or not.

Beats Routing for a Bandwagon Team.

If you like the steelers soo much...your free to move to their shitty town. (this is not directed at anyone personally...but in general)

Standard answer I've heard. Yes I know just about like anyone else knows WHEN it became a norm but nobody can actually tell me HOW it became a "chant". I do however give you props for being proud to be a Bengals fan, in that regards I am right there with you with my Browns. Its kinda like having a kid brother...you can make fun of them all you want but once someone else does you've got their back and I approve of that. :cheers:

I think my general hatred of "who dey" comes from living in Cinci for 6 years and the first 3 I never heard a single mention of who dey until they went 8-8 and all of the "fans" came out of the woodwork and tried telling me they weren't bandwagoners. Mind you I lived in a house with 22 people which was split almost exactly in half with Browns fans and Cinci "supporters" with a straggling Bears fan and also a Packer fan. Meanwhile almost every Sunday you could find all of us Browns fans at the nearest Browns backer bar despite only having ONE winning season in that span.

I lived in Cinci in 95-96 and had a hard time finding any Bengals fans. Why? Because they SUCKED!!! With the exception of a season here or there, they have always sucked. You could go down to Riverfront and get good seats on gameday for just about any game because no one was going to the games. You couldnt watch the games on TV because there was a local TV blackout if the games didnt sell out, and they never did. Its the BIGGEST bandwagon team in the NFL! If they are above .500, everybodys mom digs out her faded Icky Woods jersey, if they are below .500, they are Eleanor Rigby, no one outside of Cinci cares.

At least the Browns fans have some soul. They sell out every miserable, cold, lousy, losing game. Always have.

Being a Browns fan I can understand, but, if the fact that they are local is the best reason to support the Bengals, I'll pass.

You sir took the words exactly out of my mouth. I could not have said it any better. Major rep for that!

When was the last time bengals went to the Superbowl??

1988-1989 season.

Also, my favorite thing to ask was if any Bengal fan could tell me the actual origin of Who Dey...so can anyone here tell me? I will not accept the answer that it was picked up on the mean streets of OTR even though it seems plausible due to the lack of real English

Until you asked and I went to go look it up, I never heard of an actual origin of Who Dey. But I think I found it and understand why I didn't know. It started in 1981 during the season that the Bengals weren't expected to do anything. They ended up winning 7 of their last 8 games to make it to the playoffs. In 1981 I was only 1 years old.

I have been a fan of the Bengals ever since I can remember. But like many fans there wasn't much to celebrate during the 14 years of non-winning seasons. But even through that, I never sought out a different team to watch on Sundays.

By bandwagon fans you must mean the patriots right? I've been a bengals fan since I was a little kid. We had a stretch of almost 20 years without a winning season...I didn't stop cheering for the bengals but there wasn't much to get excited for during that time frame.

Why limit it to just the Patriots....try all of Boston sports. Well except maybe the Bruins but I don't really follow hockey so I can't really comment on that

• 1 month later...

Good game.... but I've been a steelers fan since watchn my first steeler game on tv seen toothless jack lambert try n kill anything that got to close to him. The Bengals finally figured out how to play football, but chad is still a asshole. I do like carson... kinda reminds me of boomer in his prime. Still gotta give their defense props..... and yes, polumolu is the heart and soul of that defense!!!!!!!!! O, and screw any team that gives ITSELF the label "americas team". gag me with a fork