This guy REALLY didnt want a DUI.

max power

Grew up with this jackass. He flipped out today in a grandiose fashion.

http://www.wbns10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/09/07/story_officers_shot.html?sid=102

2 Officers Shot; Gunman Dead

Monday, September 7, 2009 3:53 PM

Updated: Monday, September 7, 2009 7:03 PM

video-icon.gif slideshow-icon.gif

Print Story

E-mail Story

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Investigators identified the man suspected of shooting two police officers with a high-powered rifle and then killing himself inside a north side home on Monday as 37-year-old Jason Farnsworth. Police said it all started when they tried to pull a suspected drunken driver over along Interstate 71 at about 3:30 p.m., 10TV's Kevin Landers reported.

The driver fled to the area of Dora Avenue where he got out of his SUV and fired shots at the officers, police said.

An officer was shot in the face. He was transported to The Ohio State University Medical Center in serious but stable condition, 10TV's Paul Aker reported.

A second officer was shot in the chest, but he was wearing a bullet-proof vest. He was transported to The Ohio State University Medical Center with a bruise on his chest.

Investigators said Farnsworth barricaded himself inside a home at 1919 N. Fourth Street.

Police issued a city-wide alert for all officers to come to the area. When officers arrived, there was still active gunfire in the area, 10TV's Lindsey Seavert reported.

Police officers, SWAT teams, the sheriff's department and K-9 units responded to the scene.

Officers ordered everyone in the area to stay in their homes until the gunman was apprehended.

An armored car was brought in to rescue people who were inside their vehicles in the area, Landers reported.

"We were coming down Fourth Street, which police blocked off, and they made everybody get out of their vehicles and get on the ground and crawl to cover," a witness told 10TV News. "I've heard gunshots from probably both parties, police and the suspect."

"We heard at least seven bursts of fire, shotguns, machine guns, hand guns," another witness said. "Everybody's here, SWAT teams keep rolling out, cops keep pushing us back further and further. The last burst (of gunfire) lasted 10-15 seconds of just shotguns and fully automatic weapons firing."

SWAT officers entered the home shortly after 6:30 p.m. and found Farnsworth dead.

The names of the injured officers were not immediately released.

Stay with 10TV News and 10TV.com for more information.

damn i lived about 100 feet from that place a few years back. i know exactly where that is.

when officers arrived there was active gunfire... there is ALWAYS active gunfire in that area

Edited by John

This one. My 9mm High Point Carbine isn't capable of even shooting straight at 100 yds, yet it's considered a "high powered rifle" by some. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but they're so much fun at the range! Mine's a little tackdriver at 25-50 feet, no prob. Best cheapass toy popgun you could ever get! :p

I say we ban all "high powered rifles" so this never happens' date=' again. :rolleyes:[/quote']

We should ban all weapons of any kind. Guns, knives, bats, maces. Then we'll all be safe.

Also, let's require everyone wear a pair of boxing gloves so noone can hit anyone else.

What was he like in school?

Kind of a spaz, but a real nice, likable kid. He was a couple years younger than me and I was friends with his brother. He came from a real good family who were pretty well off and gave him lots of opportunity. He just got into the whole party/drug scene and started doing business with some fucked up local characters the last time I saw him (about 9 or 10 yrs ago).

Its a sad deal.

I'm cornfoosed.... it says he shot them with a high-powered rifle, then it says one survived because the vest caught it. Either police vests have dramatically improved, or the news people don't know what a rifle is.

He shot both officers with a handgun while fleeing from his car before he got to his house. When he got to his house is when he pulled the real shit out, since apparently he was a gun enthusiast. I live like 3 blocks from this and I walked down 4th st to about 16th and there were just cops everywhere, it was crazy...

I'm cornfoosed.... it says he shot them with a high-powered rifle, then it says one survived because the vest caught it. Either police vests have dramatically improved, or the news people don't know what a rifle is.

Most likely the latter.

@Original poster, did the guy have crazy-as-hell tendencies growing up...?

Most likely the latter.

@Original poster, did the guy have crazy-as-hell tendencies growing up...?

No, he was a normal kid, fairly well off family, average student, etc. Started hanging around with the wrong guys and supposedly became a big time drug dealer on campus about 10 or 15 years ago and fell off the local radar. Everyone around here is pretty shocked as they only remember him from high school. I knew he was doing some stupid shit, but never saw this coming. :wtf:

There has been alot of people from my neck of the woods that have gone out in some pretty spectacular ways, but thats the first one I can remember starting a gun battle with the cops. Crazy shit.