What's your thoughts on Pres. Obama speech to students?

Tomcat0403

The problem with parenting is that it's the most important job in the world, but there's really no interview process...

My parents (not my teachers, not my boss, not my 'village') taught me to "respect the position, and make my own decisions on the message."

I'm the furthest thing from 'Catholic' anymore, but I'd still listen to what the Pope has to say, and be thrilled to meet the man if the opportunity arose. Listening does not equal blind agreement. I've read speeches by Hitler, and speeches by MLK. I listen to Rush Limbaugh, and Art McKoy - i've never agreed with either of the 100% in any hour...

if these 'concerned' parents spent half as much time talking to their kids as they are protesting about it, there wouldn't be an issue.

The problem with parenting is that it's the most important job in the world, but there's really no interview process...

My parents (not my teachers, not my boss, not my 'village') taught me to "respect the position, and make my own decisions on the message."

I'm the furthest thing from 'Catholic' anymore, but I'd still listen to what the Pope has to say, and be thrilled to meet the man if the opportunity arose. Listening does not equal blind agreement. I've read speeches by Hitler, and speeches by MLK. I listen to Rush Limbaugh, and Art McKoy - i've never agreed with either of the 100% in any hour...

if these 'concerned' parents spent half as much time talking to their kids as they are protesting about it, there wouldn't be an issue.

Another great post. Oh wait..I wouldn't know greatness if it slapped me in the face.

Well said. The Pope is a good example. I'm not Catholic but I'd listen to what he has to say and I'd show him respect.

Wow! SOMEBODY get's it! Oops, there I go with "nothing to add" again...

why would any parent not want there chilren to watch this? people are fucking crazy these days he is the president of our country what is the big deal. its not like he is making the join the obama youth and tellin them to hate a certain ethnic group he is simply telling students to do good in school so they can get good jobs to pay the debt the republicans left us with lol

I don't knkow where this goes - so I'll stick it in this thread.

Cracked.com:8 Insane Ways Parents Are Politically Brainwashing Children

http://www.cracked.com/article/111_8-insane-ways-parents-are-politically-brainwashing-children/

2590.jpg

Kind of like theonion.com... funny stuff. Since we all need a break from this srs biznis.

Bush(I) did the same thing and the media jumped all over his ass for it........the mesiah does it and its completely normal and anyone that disagrees is a right wing whacko

right, and the republicans of the day countered that it was no big deal. now the republicans are crying and the dems say its no big deal.

parties will do whatever serves their main interest, which is staying in power. demonizing the other party is just a means to that end. it happens all the time.republicans will find anything about democrats to bitch about, just like democrats found anything about republicans to bitch about. its the way of the world.

its actually kind of sad though. if we would just put aside all the bullshit and actually take the time to work together, we could all achieve something great, AS A WHOLE.