I'm due for some new gloves. So what you got?

Lost1888

Alright my Suzuki gauntlet gloves have just about had it. I'm looking to get another gauntlet glove in the $50-$120 range. Give me your reviews on what you have, what you like about them, dislikes and where you bought them.

If you could follow this format it would be best for everyone. Especially me since I'm asking grin.gif

What brand-

What style-

Likes-

Dislikes-

Where you bought them-

How much you paid-

Pics and other comments-

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/bargain_basement/alpinestars/gp_plus_motorcycle_gloves.html

What brand-A*

What style-Short Gauntlet

Likes- Excellent fit, craftsmanship, looks cool

Dislikes- Wish the gauntlet was longer (GP Pro)

Where you bought them- See above

How much you paid- $109

Pics and other comments- Love A*. Favorite looking glove I've had is the SP1 but the palm was obliterated after I lowsided. These are the best gloves I've worn.

I have a pair of XL Tourmaster Scarab Gloves for sale cheap. Worn just a couple of times. Needed a 2X and couldn't return 'em. They're $80 gloves, I'll sell them for $40. If XL is your size, you'll like these, really. Here's link CLICK

Bad ass gloves. In original retail package with all tags

Alpinestars GP Pro and Spidi Air Vent. Both are gauntlet style, because I wanted something for track days. The Spidi's I got clearanced at www.mawonline.com for $50.00, and they were well worth it. The GP Pros were over $100. If they are still about, I'd definitely suggest the Spidi's.

What brand- Alpinestars

What style- SMX2 Air Carbon

Likes- Breathable, comfortable, carbon fiber knuckles, leather palms

Dislikes- I have a habit of getting the mesh caught in the velcro when I put them on so it frays the mesh :(

Where you bought them- Iron Pony

How much you paid- $69.95

Pics and other comments-

as-smx2-BLACK.jpg

I have a pair of XL Tourmaster Scarab Gloves for sale cheap. Worn just a couple of times. Needed a 2X and couldn't return 'em. They're $80 gloves, I'll sell them for $40. If XL is your size, you'll like these, really. Here's link CLICK

Bad ass gloves. In original retail package with all tags

Thanks but I'll pass. I'm not really looking for a cold weather glove.

Alpinestars GP Pro and Spidi Air Vent. Both are gauntlet style, because I wanted something for track days. The Spidi's I got clearanced at www.mawonline.com for $50.00, and they were well worth it. The GP Pros were over $100. If they are still about, I'd definitely suggest the Spidi's.

I'll look into them if I haven't already. I've looked at so many gloves my brains numb. Now I resorted to this thread to narrow something down.

That website you gave me is irritating! They do have some good prices though.

I have a pair of HELD Phantoms I might be selling. They are 9.5 size. I used them for one session and realized they don't fit.

I'll sell them for 250.00

I wouldn't spend that much on gloves.

I wear these ever since 2006 and I just bought a new pair that was delivered last week because I needed to replace them. I love these gloves.

http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/product/JOE-ROCKET-GPX-20-GLOVES/?catalogId=110632

I am considering these. You are the first person to ever say anything about them. I have a Jr ballistic 5.0 jacket that has held up well. So many people have bad things to say about Jr so it leaves me with mixed feelings.

The other one really in consideration right now is Cortech Adrenaline. I like Cf knuckles and neither of these don't have them. It's always nice to be able to punch through a drivers window and ring a cagers neck without any blood to trace it back to me.;)

Idk! It's not going to be till Monday when I order any so keep them coming. I also want to find a leather repair shop to try to get a new palm put in my old gloves. I really don't want to pitch them.

BTW the Astars GP series (upgrade from the SP) went to their new knuckle because they found it to be stronger than the CF they were prev using. I like CF too, so I found that interesting.

They went away from CF because it cracks upon impact, whereas the poly-material they're using for the GP doesn't. Plus they're able to intergrate vents into the GP knuckles. That being said, there's a pair of $300+ Dianese gloves that have CF knuckles.

FWIW I wear the A* SP1 and love everything about them other than the fact that the palms are starting to show wear after only 1.5 seasons.

FWIW I wear the A* SP1 and love everything about them other than the fact that the palms are starting to show wear after only 1.5 seasons.

The pads in the palm tore out on my lowside. Could've been just my pair, but doesn't seem like they survive more than one down.

I wouldn't spend that much on gloves.

Thats fine but IMO Held gloves are the best. I have had joe rockets rip from my hand in a crash and I spent most of the summer with open wounds. After that I purchased Held and never had an issue. In fact I'm still using a set I crashed in twice with very little damage mostly cosmetic.

Small price to pay for insurance :D

Edited by c7fx

Damn some of you guys seem to crash a lot. Don't get me wrong I like to push it once a while. I can understand on a track going down more often and needing a better pair of gloves but jeez. Sorry I don't do track days and should have mentioned that in the beginning. I'm just a regular sport touring type of rider. My goal when I'm out riding isn't to see how close I can get to my limits. I just ride to enjoy the ride push it when I know what I'm getting myself into. If there are to many risks and unknowns then it's not worth it and I slow down and ride within reason. Somethings are just overkill, like $250 gloves and the stickiest tires you can buy. Justify it how ever you want. To each their own and to each to their ability.

I will tell you with all the accidents you guys get into and talk about makes me even more hesitant to ride with ya'll. I have a wife and kids to take care of not just my own personal urges and unrealistic goals. I ain't no Rossi and don't want to be. Especially on the street!:rolleyes:

:cheers: No hard feelings but after reading some of this stuff, not just in this thread or on this site, it makes me wonder if I'm really a rare breed. A breed who doesn't have to come close to wrecking to have a good day of riding.