Hinds...

Zorro

It says on Hinds website today that they are open for busniess............so much for "rumors".............

It has nothing to do with rumors and more as to what brands are or have been pulled from the shop. Ask for Suzuki stuff, Yamaha stuff and Aprillia stuff and see if they are still dealers for those brands...

I will call today and find out what I can, but nobody said anything about them closing the doors, but losing so many top brands is a sign things ain't so rosy...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says on Hinds website today that they are open for busniess............so much for "rumors".............

Oh, I called on Friday and they are no longer dealing with Suzuki... So, sure, they are still open, but for how long? You don't loose three brand names for no reasons. Typically, the flooring is done through say a company like GE or something. When it comes time to pay the piper, they come and get the units. So, it wouldn't make much business sense to drop a brand like Yamaha and Suzuki (Wasn't there someone that stated they were the top Suzuki dealer in Ohio?) just to trim fat and expenses...

But, it is probably what is being said to customers. They surely aren't going to obtain customers by saying "We owed a bunch of money and they came and took units and pulled our franchise."

I wish them luck as I know a lot of shops struggling out there. As I stated before at the time of getting my ass reamed and personal stuff slandered and hammered, the strongest dealers will survive. The ones that understand, adapt and adjust will be here when the dust settles...

The big killer is going to be those warranty deals they did. Until they close, they are going to have to honor them and if they cannot get parts from the OEMs, that means they will have to source from other dealers. Margins will be less and they will have tough times. But, since it was a Hind's service program, they are obligated to honor them...

Personally, I have never been to Hind's, talked to anyone at Hind's, or even know where Hind's is. WHY? Becuz i read about them on here! If every1 just did like I do there would b no more horror stories! They couldn't pay ME to take their service plan...