BeaveRun 9/4 (friday) $100

redkow97

I saw that a few people did the fasttrax date at Beave for the same price a while back.

Apex2Apex.net if you want to sign up for this event.

considering I normally pay $170/day to ride Beave, I couldn't really pass this up.

never ridden with apex2apex before, but I'm going to check them out, and their racing school is FREE on 9/4, when you purchase the trackday. why not?

I'll be riding the new (to me) Cleveland Browns Honda in "I" group.

any takers?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that a few people did the fasttrax date at Beave for the same price a while back.

Apex2Apex.net if you want to sign up for this event.

considering I normally pay $170/day to ride Beave, I couldn't really pass this up.

never ridden with apex2apex before, but I'm going to check them out, and their racing school is FREE on 9/4, when you purchase the trackday. why not?

I'll be riding the new (to me) Cleveland Browns Honda in "I" group.

any takers?

Cleveland Browns Honda in Pittsburgh? Good luck!

I have a Pittsburgh Steelers Yamaha...I should play hookie and sign up for this. Hmmm.

If you do Apex2Apex, try and get with Bennett or Dressman. I think Bennett might no longer be associated with Apex2Apex, but not sure if they resolved things... Watch the other guys...

Nate's a great guy and so is Bennett. How they are associated with this group is beyond me, but they are good and great guys and will help tremendously if you ask them.

Seems like their bike requirements are high...

We recommend removal of center stands in the novice and intermediate groups, and require removal in the advanced class based on ground clearance issues.

Added for 2008. All advanced groups must safety wire the oil drain plug and oil filter. If your bike has already been drilled for safety wire or is a former used race bike, then safety wire is required.

Lizard, would silicone suffice?

Lizard, would silicone suffice?

If you were doing a race school, I'd say no. Reason being, it doesn't make sense that you wouldn't prep your bike for racing and take the race school...

I'd say it would be fine to silicone it, but each organization requires different things and with it being a WERA weekend, I suspect they want it wired... Contact them and ask.

those are all 'recommendations' unless you're riding Advanced.

even so, I don't think those are 'high' or unreasonable. If that's all that's stopping you, I'm happy to lend stands/tools/help safety wiring, flushing coolant, or whatever. Just PM me, so I know to bring distilled water, or whatever's appropriate.

Edited by redkow97

Cleveland Browns Honda in Pittsburgh? Good luck!

I have a Pittsburgh Steelers Yamaha...I should play hookie and sign up for this. Hmmm.

Ray (BeaveRun photographer, for those who haven't been there) likes to give me shit for it too. scroll all the way down - http://www.pbase.com/ray645/image/112140550/original

and cut me some slack on the pics. that was my first ride of the season and still on my old bike. I also had strict instructions from my (now) wife not to crash 20 days before our wedding... :rolleyes:

the Steelers Yamaha might be a good photo-op :) I'm more of a "'boo' as you walk by" Browns fan, not a "throw beers at you and make your small children cry" Browns fan. Besides, what real 'debate' could I offer this season?

Edited by redkow97

those are all 'recommendations' unless you're riding Advanced.

even so, I don't think those are 'high' or unreasonable. If that's all that's stopping you, I'm happy to lend stands/tools/help safety wiring, flushing coolant, or whatever. Just PM me, so I know to bring distilled water, or whatever's appropriate.

Thanks for the offer. I have stands. I have engine ice for the coolant. I just dont have a hole in my drain plug for safety wire.

As for the being high...I'm used to STT's requirements...which are a little more relaxed when it comes to safety wiring.

Ray (BeaveRun photographer, for those who haven't been there) likes to give me shit for it too. scroll all the way down - http://www.pbase.com/ray645/image/112140550/original

and cut me some slack on the pics. that was my first ride of the season and still on my old bike. I also had strict instructions from my (now) wife not to crash 20 days before our wedding... :rolleyes:

the Steelers Yamaha might be a good photo-op :) I'm more of a "'boo' as you walk by" Browns fan, not a "throw beers at you and make your small children cry" Browns fan. Besides, what real 'debate' could I offer this season?

:) as a steelers fan, I can appreciate that! I don't hate the browns...I hate Ravens and Bungles more. It's all in fun.

I just dont have a hole in my drain plug for safety wire.

as much as I hate drilling bolts on the bike, we could definitely do it. I should have three 1/16(?) bits in the tool box. the bigger problem would be hoping the drill battery lasts long enough. I'm sure someone will have a generator though.

or, if you don't mind draining the oil, using a bolt-jig (not sure what else to call it) makes things faster and easier. I'll have that with me as well.