Broke down on 60

Uncle Punk

Now that's funny because I had no idea what Adam did at work, now I know. No matter what he tries to say different this is forever going to be my mental image of what he does for a living.

I appreciate all the offers for help guys and would have taken someone up on a safe place to keep the bike until I could come and pick it up. It was Sunday and early enough in the day for me to take care of everything that day or I would have sent out a bigger SOS call instead of just to that underachiever Adam.

I have an enclosed trailer and am offering it up to anyone who needs help also just PM me for my number.

I looked at the bike this evening and it appears that the motor is blown. Somehow it must have started to burn oil since I changed the oil 2,100 miles ago and got too low without the oil warning light coming on. I only drained two quarts out of it without taking the filter off. The noise its making is not from the clutch as I had hoped so now I have two bikes that I can't afford to fix right now. I probably won't be doing anymore street riding this year. I received good news today that I will be starting back to work next week, for those that didn't know I have been laid off since May. Hopefully by next spring I will have enough money to have both bikes fixed.

Glad your back to work!

Are you sure about the motor being blown? 2qts is definitely low, but should be enough to maintain oil pressure. That's prolly why the oil pressure light didn't come on.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got the bike to the used car lot on the corner, parked it took the key out and my GPS off then RODE home got my trailer and picked it up.

So....UnclePunk...after we talked this afternoon why dont you tell the class just how you did arrive home to get your trailer HUH !!:popcorn:

Dont tell me ya didnt know THIS was comming !!!

Now that's funny because I had no idea what Adam did at work, now I know. No matter what he tries to say different this is forever going to be my mental image of what he does for a living.

I appreciate all the offers for help guys and would have taken someone up on a safe place to keep the bike until I could come and pick it up. It was Sunday and early enough in the day for me to take care of everything that day or I would have sent out a bigger SOS call instead of just to that underachiever Adam.

I have an enclosed trailer and am offering it up to anyone who needs help also just PM me for my number.

I looked at the bike this evening and it appears that the motor is blown. Somehow it must have started to burn oil since I changed the oil 2,100 miles ago and got too low without the oil warning light coming on. I only drained two quarts out of it without taking the filter off. The noise its making is not from the clutch as I had hoped so now I have two bikes that I can't afford to fix right now. I probably won't be doing anymore street riding this year. I received good news today that I will be starting back to work next week, for those that didn't know I have been laid off since May. Hopefully by next spring I will have enough money to have both bikes fixed.

Whooaaaa...I just found this thread. Sorry to hear about the bike Tod. I was in Ocean City this past weekend..or else I would have gone riding with ya. If there's anything I can do..let me know.

So how was the ride home with the 'other' rider? Was it uncomfortable? Did you squeeze him good and tight? Did your helmets touch in any awkward moments?

Edited by InyaAzz

That's right it's an action figure that bites.

We spent two hours together so the awkward moments that we started out with turned into sweet special moments by the time we had to part ways. I somehow feel used though, he send a text to me the next day wondering if I had found out what was wrong with my bike yet. I hadn’t looked at it yet so I told him "No." and thanked him for giving me a ride home. His reply was "I don't know what you're talking about.” wow that just hurt, I don't think he appreciated our time together and somehow regrets it.

We spent two hours together so the awkward moments that we started out with turned into sweet special moments by the time we had to part ways. I somehow feel used though, he send a text to me the next day wondering if I had found out what was wrong with my bike yet. I hadn’t looked at it yet so I told him "No." and thanked him for giving me a ride home. His reply was "I don't know what you're talking about.” wow that just hurt, I don't think he appreciated our time together and somehow regrets it.

Lol prob wants to keep it on the down low. He prob is in a self help group right now

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

He definitely doesn't want anyone to know about it. I think I'll start a text message harassment campaign shortly to see how far in denial he's dug himself.

That will be too funny. Wait until he hears it's been posted online I wonder how long he will lie about it not happening.

We were just texting each other and the discussion turned to riding. He rides as fast if not faster than me but rides differently. I told him I ride with skill he rides with balls. He texted back that I have bigger balls for riding on the back with him because he couldn't have done it.

We were just texting each other and the discussion turned to riding. He rides as fast if not faster than me but rides differently. I told him I ride with skill he rides with balls.

That's an accurate assessment..he has no fear and will throw a bike into a corner faster than most people on the street. Whereas you get your speed from skill. he just doesn't give a fuck and needs to get that 'high'. That's why he likes the sweepers. Absolutely no fear. Hopefully, it won't bite him in the ass one day. I'd like him to stick around a while longer so I can tease him about taking it in the rear...oops..I mean giving you a ride. :D