Recomendations: Denim Riding Jeans

KillJoy

I am going to be picking up some riding jeans when I get boots here in the next week or two. Can anyone recommend a a brand / model?

And no, I do not want Leather pants. I do not care what the protection level is, or how / why they are greater. I will not wear them, so buying them is a waste of $$$. And if you do not wear gear all the time, every time... what is the point?

KillJoy

Me too. Interested in what people think of various denim riding jeans. I'm leaning toward Draggin' Jeans. Dunno. It's probably a good idea to try on whatever is available locally to check fit and function and comfort first.

Just got 'em. Draggin Jeans®. $99. Soft, thick kevlar in all the right places. Real comfortable. After a ton of checking and trying on at IP, checking Sliders® etc. zeroed in on Draggin Jeans.

They want you to order the size you get when you buy jeans. I got them long so they cover my boots when I'm folded up on the bike. It puts the knee/shin armor in the right places.

Check out some of their videos. The dragster one is funny. CLICK

I looked at them and thought...expensive and now you have two things to put on. Probably extra warm, too.

ET; Look at their sizing. Their measurements are accurate. I wear Levi's® relaxed fit. Draggin's relaxed fit would be massive! So would the carpenters. Plus, the kevlar on both of them goes all the way around the knee. On the classics, they're not quite all the way around where you fold your leg. The classic jean is more like your basic Levi's relaxed fit.

I was worried to order jeans online. If they weren't right and all. they were perfect. Good blue color, too. Should fade right.

I wear Icon Ive got a pair of each one they make and the Hooligans are my favorite followed in order by Superduty , Recon , Anthem then the Victory they all fit same as your regular jean size except the Recons they are cut smaller so get 1 size bigger in those all have plenty of leg room in them to wear knee pads under them and all are cut to go over your boots

• 1 month later...

SHIFT makes a GREAT riding jean called the Torque and one called the Low Down. The Torque is $99.99 and the Low Down is $79.99. They have beat AStar and Icon in a head to head through a few publications, but the cool thing is that yes, they have Kevlar in the seat and knees like everyone, but they look like casual jeans. They are double stitched and reinforced where needed.

The difference in the jeans is that the Torque has a few added things like a button rear pocket, wiskered or "distressed" work throughout, and has some patch work. BOTH jeans are the same denim and the same thickness everywhere. One is just a little more "fancy"...

Here's a couple of links:

Torque - comes in two washes...

http://shop.shiftracing.com/ecomm/ProductForward.do?forward=product.pagedef&proId=21522&cid=258&cname=Pants&proNumber=70136&imgName=70136202F.jpg

Low Down - two washes, as well...

http://shop.shiftracing.com/ecomm/ProductForward.do?forward=product.pagedef&proId=21523&cid=258&cname=Pants&proNumber=70137&imgName=70137202F.jpg

Cool thing is that SHIFT is introducing a new Women's Jean that will be coming in November. NOBODY has one for women specific...

go for some textile riding pants if you are against leather. they will hold up a little bit better than the jeans. plus they've got armor in them.

i have a pair of icon super duty pants. they are pretty sturdy, but honestly they are probably only good to about 35 mph lol. no armor either :(