8/22 - Mid Ohio - Max Time LED

Zorro

I'd like to know who these guys with "extensive racing experience" are. If it is who I think it is, he's really experienced at talking a good game and sawing off customers.

Sounds like sour grapes!!! ;)

TBH, instructors are very nice to have...but for an event like this, it's possible to manage a track day without.

When the Buell guys were there, only a handful of riders seemed interested in their break-time classroom instruction. Besides for following an instructor, this was the most helpful.

Oh well, I guess you wont get to pass Flounder like the rest of us on Saturday. Your loss. :)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you would quit using i270 as your personal race track, you'd have more money.

You're the newest edition to my list. You've been warned...and served.

You got busted after I did, so I guess you didn't learn from my mishap speedy hah... what are you a citation officer? "You've been warned...and served." :rolleyes:

TBH, instructors are very nice to have...but for an event like this, it's possible to manage a track day without.

When the Buell guys were there, only a handful of riders seemed interested in their break-time classroom instruction. Besides for following an instructor, this was the most helpful.

Oh well, I guess you wont get to pass Flounder like the rest of us on Saturday. Your loss. :)

Keep stirring the pot mr black mask because Im going to beat the shit out of you with the spoon on sat. :)

In case you forgot

http://www.bored.com/makecountdowns/show.php?id=178353

Edited by flounder

No sour grapes ! Brian has a legitimate question.

With STT you had a known quantity.

Also a LED day as with any day at the track is most assuredly in need of control riders and the added benefit of instruction.

You got busted after I did, so I guess you didn't learn from my mishap speedy hah... what are you a citation officer? "You've been warned...and served." :rolleyes:

I got my "65mph in a 45mph 2point" ticket reduced to "0-5mph over, 0 points" and I saved $1 off my fine! Phone home, bish! ;)

Keep stirring the pot mr black mask because Im going to beat the shit out of you with the spoon on sat. :)

In case you forgot

http://www.bored.com/makecountdowns/show.php?id=178353

Mr. Flat Fish, in case you forgot...

http://www.ohio-riders.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-8-22&c=1

I got my "65mph in a 45mph 2point" ticket reduced to "0-5mph over, 0 points" and I saved $1 off my fine! Phone home, bish! ;)

You and Bananas could have completely got me out of mine granted you stopped instead of honked like a bunch of beaches!!!!:bigfinger:

Edited by McLovin

No sour grapes ! Brian has a legitimate question.

With STT you had a known quantity.

Also a LED day as with any day at the track is most assuredly in need of control riders and the added benefit of instruction.

I was just joking around with Brian. I'll summarize my track day experience with regards to the new instructors Mid-Ohio provides.

As for an LED, I probably misspoke, for this is my first LED.

I experienced STT and Fasttrax. From my experience, STT >>>>> Fasttrax...for what it's worth.

I pled I'm going to Dublin's Mayor Court if I don't pay this and I don't stand a chance there, so here's my money...now leave me alone!! :(

Ah, speeding was your first mistake. And that was your second! Should've fought it. I would've showed up as a character witness...in the court's favor!

Don't speed in my neighborhood! Again, you've been warned!

I was speeding in Sinner's hood...and they got me...just like they got QueenBee!

On a side note, the Delaware Deputy was really nice.

Ah, speeding was your first mistake. And that was your second! Should've fought it. I would've showed up as a character witness...in the court's favor!

Don't speed in my neighborhood! Again, you've been warned!

I was speeding in Sinner's hood...and they got me...just like they got QueenBee!

On a side note, the Delaware Deputy was really nice.

I'm not going to speed in your neighborhood...I'm just going to come do burnouts in your yard at 3am!!! bbeeeeooooccchhh

man, i wanna go to the track again sooooo bad. I wish I could do this. too bad it's sold out and I only have one track day under my belt. wish i could be there.

did you try calling? sometimes the website is capped but they add a few slots by phone.

although you are "supposed" to have 4 I sessions under your belt or advanced, although with the change of guard who knows who they let in...

damn now that i think about it, how would they know if we had the right amount of experience to do this?

this could be a newb fest and be worse than I group during the 3 group day...

the honor system apparently haha. because that always works...

well i actually had a good time today even with the rain. felt really comfortable again and was pretty much at 100% by around 7pm.

management was OK. control riders were decent with the time they had to scramble together. only thing i didn't like was i had a control rider tap his tail when i was still warming up. i guess it would be hard to tell though with this format. i ended up passing him later on though so its all good. corner workers needed to be better (did we even have any???) rider down in the racing line at the keyhole and only a waving yellow? that didn't make any sense to me as to why they didn't red flag it...

regardless it was was a little eye opening seeing him lying there as to how dangerous this really is. i believe i saw him walking out of the medic center so i assume he is ok.

didn't get a chance to ride with flounder, almost rode with zorro but the guy was down in the keyhole so that was cut short. followed jess for a few laps and she looked very good, although im not sure she realized it was me.

no i couldnt really tell who anybody was in there! All I looked for were dreadlocks!! lol

that was a blast! the whole way up there we were pretty positive it was gonna be a washout. After my truck broke down this morning I was sure the rest of the day was doomed.. That track is super fun,, even in the slick wet.. control and smoothness is key! I feel like I got really comfy with it. The staff was pretty decent, slightly unorganized but with an amazing finesse of customer service. Met a few control riders that helped me out. Met one that would not stop telling me my bike is too big and too fast for me and that i should get an SV. That pissed me off. He said I needed to go work out before I would be able "to handle the speed"

other than that i had a great time! So happy to finally ride that track. turn 1 2 and 3 are some faves for sure!

Edited by cbrjess0815

well i actually had a good time today even with the rain. felt really comfortable again and was pretty much at 100% by around 7pm.

management was OK. control riders were decent with the time they had to scramble together. only thing i didn't like was i had a control rider tap his tail when i was still warming up. i guess it would be hard to tell though with this format. i ended up passing him later on though so its all good. corner workers needed to be better (did we even have any???) rider down in the racing line at the keyhole and only a waving yellow? that didn't make any sense to me as to why they didn't red flag it...

regardless it was was a little eye opening seeing him lying there as to how dangerous this really is. i believe i saw him walking out of the medic center so i assume he is ok.

didn't get a chance to ride with flounder, almost rode with zorro but the guy was down in the keyhole so that was cut short. followed jess for a few laps and she looked very good, although im not sure she realized it was me.

Yeah, I was surprise that only a waiving yellow flag was present when a bike/rider was dead smack in the middle of the keyhole entrance. I wasn't sure what to think. Apparently, the guy did an endo and the bike landed on his chest. His wife asked me "who went down?" when I got off the track. I described the bike to her and you could see the tears in her eyes. The waterworks really started once she confirmed it and her kids caught word...all 5 of them. :(

Anyway, that rider was ok. He was very sore.

Did I mention the rain sucks!?

no i couldnt really tell who anybody was in there! All I looked for were dreadlocks!! lol

that was a blast! the whole way up there we were pretty positive it was gonna be a washout. After my truck broke down this morning I was sure the rest of the day was doomed.. That track is super fun,, even in the slick wet.. control and smoothness is key! I feel like I got really comfy with it. The staff was pretty decent, slightly unorganized but with an amazing finesse of customer service. Met a few control riders that helped me out. Met one that would not stop telling me my bike is too big and too fast for me and that i should get an SV. That pissed me off. He said I needed to go work out before I would be able "to handle the speed"

other than that i had a great time! So happy to finally ride that track. turn 1 2 and 3 are some faves for sure!

Jess, you looked nice and smooth out there. You definitely look like you can ride your 600 fine. The racers they had as staff weren't what I'd call accomplished. Short notice folks? Sure. That Pett guy was talking like he was the next Robert Jensen...

Anyways, for any staff to say your bike was too big or that you need to work out hasn't met someone like Mellisa Paris (Hayes' wife - who was faster than any of those guys...) or even one of the owners of STT - Bonnie.

The idea is that you need to help those who have what they have. Teach them the principles and basics and work from there. Chipping at them and knocking them down is simply an ideal that doesn't work. It also shows they lack skills needed to be good coaches. I think we do a good job with that and I am sure there were those on Mid-Oh's staff that were doing a great job, too. But this example is what I was seeing in a few of these guys as they talked. They didn't know me from Adam and it was kind of funny to hear their thoughts and tell me how to ride the track... I think the one guy had been there only once, but had a bunch of answers!

I will say a few staff guys were good and even a few guys used to work with us. I was REALLY glad to see a lot of you wearing STT tees. That was cool. It meant a lot to me. It was also good to see a few guys that are regular customers come up and say "hey" and talk. Nobody pressed me into what happened and just hung out. I was there to help anyone that needed it, but with conditions, it wasn't going to be a factor.

I wish Mid-Ohio the best of luck. I do also hope to see a lot of you at Grattan, Gingerman, BlueGrass, and other venues yet to be announced for 2010. We're going into 2010 with a strong program and changing a few things to better service you guys as customers. I think you will be happy and hopefully, we will retain you all as customers.

Cheers.