Attention!! New Obama shirts have hit the market!!

NinjaNick

9999.jpg

Talking about this one DGTL GRL? I actually laughed my ass off when I saw this one, thought it might be the funniest of the bunch. It would be my retaliation to all the bumper stickers that say "To poor to vote republican"

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"To poor to vote republican"

Does it come complete with the bad grammar? If so, that's funny as fuck.

I haven't put any thought into what works better. I just know our system doesn't work as advertised.

The "two party" system is a misnomer. There are several different parties running candidates in a typical election, and there is no limit on the number of "parties" that can run. In fact, you don't even have to declare a party affiliation to be included in an election. Sure there are requirements that have to be met, but being a Republican or a Democrat isn't one of them.

Our system is fucked up because "political service" has become something it was never intended to be - a career. In the beginning, the President's term was limited because we didn't want anyone to become "king" of the country. It was thought that those who held office in the house or the senate would serve their term then go back home and get back to doing whatever it was they were doing. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way and we have many Congressmen and Senators who have served more than 20 years, and a few that have served more than 50. They dont have the same "retirement" as we do, and they certainly wouldn't be covered under the "national health care" plan.

Our political system is also fucked up because its all about the money. Who ever raises the most, gets the most votes these days. Sounds about right, but then they're beholden to the special interest groups and the constituency that gave them the money. Seriously, would you spend millions of dollars of your own money to get a job that pays $100,000.00 per year? Probably not. Sadly, real campaign finance reform and term limits are two things that you will never ever see any elected official pass. Even they aren't dumb enough to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

What's the end game? The largest segment of the population (the middle class - whatever your definition of middle class is) gets fucked - over and over and over.

fuck this shit, I'm gettin outta the middle class... it sounds like it just sucks

You're just now figuring this out? Wait till you're middle aged AND middle class. You're really fucked then.

No that's just me not grammar checking myself, unfortunately my computer doesn't do that for me.

No worries...just busting balls

Our political system is also fucked up because its all about the money. Who ever raises the most, gets the most votes these days. Sounds about right, but then they're beholden to the special interest groups and the constituency that gave them the money. Seriously, would you spend millions of dollars of your own money to get a job that pays $100,000.00 per year? Probably not. Sadly, real campaign finance reform and term limits are two things that you will never ever see any elected official pass. Even they aren't dumb enough to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

This is my biggest gripe. I say it's a two party system because that's where all the money is. The other parties don't get shit to say...even though their ideals are valid...because they don't have enough money behind them.

This is my biggest gripe. I say it's a two party system because that's where all the money is. The other parties don't get shit to say...even though their ideals are valid...because they don't have enough money behind them.

The money is only part of the issue.

By and large the electorate are a bunch of sheep. They vote for whomever they're told to vote for - whether its by their Union, the media, their church, etc. The vast majority of potential voters don't take the time to go outside their comfort zone and confront the people who are running and TELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT. They watch the whole process from the sidelines and then bitch and whine when Joe Bananas is "just like the rest of them". Until more people get involved and stand up for what they believe in, the system we have is going to continue to suck.

Sad thing is this was supposed to be a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people". It isn't even close to that anymore.

+1 to Todd

Most people stop listening to me after I say it but oh well.... I don't vote for president.

The electoral college is flawed and will constantly under represent the people. Why should 1% of voters in CA have more say than 100% of voters in RI? Just because CA has more residents? Sorry I have a major problem with that.

Discount, discredit, or disregard me if you choose to, but nothing any of you say will change my feelings on this.

+1 to Todd

Most people stop listening to me after I say it but oh well.... I don't vote for president.

The electoral college is flawed and will constantly under represent the people. Why should 1% of voters in CA have more say than 100% of voters in RI? Just because CA has more residents? Sorry I have a major problem with that.

Discount, discredit, or disregard me if you choose to, but nothing any of you say will change my feelings on this.

+1 If you look at a county by county breakdown of the last election, McCain won so many more counties but because the urban vote went to obama, apparently it represented "America".

2008_election_map-counties.jpg

Obviously, it's an issue that needs to be closely analyzed, as it is "pretty undisputable that we spend twice what other countries spend on average," as

reported by The Commonwealth Fund. While, in comparison to other industrialized nations, the U.S. has the fewest patients seeing a regular doctor

(16%), is the least wired (working with the fewest electronic records, and receiving the fewest electronic updates on disease treatment options), and

has one of the highest infant mortality rates, we are actually spending twice as much per capita on health care as Germany, at $6,102. Canada spends

$3,165 per capita, Australia $2,876, Britain $2,546, and New Zealand $2,083.

The U.S. also has one of the longest emergency room waiting times, takes an average of four months to deliver elective surgery, and is considered

one of the less "convenient" nations when it comes to general health care. Sixty-one percent of Americans surveyed found it "somewhat" or "very

difficult" to receive care on nights or weekends.

What is most shocking perhaps, is the relatively high infant mortality rate, at 5 in every 1,000. The U.S. is tied with Poland, Hungary, Malta, and

Slovakia for this statistic, and, among the 32 industrialized nations surveyed, ranked only above Latvia, at 6 in every 1,000 births. Japan, the Czech

Republic, Finland, Iceland, and Norway beat the U.S. by a landslide, at approximately one-third the death rate

Do your Research!!!

+1 If you look at a county by county breakdown of the last election, McCain won so many more counties but because the urban vote went to obama, apparently it represented "America".

2008_election_map-counties.jpg

Well not to stoke any fires, but look at Bush vs Gore or as you said McCain vs Obama... it shouldn't be a game of "well if so and so wins so and so state". It has to be "let's see who got more votes" period.

QFT. Money may not be the only thing, but it's the controlling factor, rather than a mitigating one.

Until there's a serious, unstoppable public outcry for term limits, publicly financed elections, and instant-runoff voting, the two-party poop we have now will not change in the least.

The outcry HAS to come from the public, but I disagree with public funding for elections. Why should tax dollars be spent for someone to get a job? Oversight on how the candidates spend a limited amount of money would be better.