Reviews on Superhawks, possible second bike

Tomcat0403

We had a 2004 VTR100R Superhawk in the shop a few weeks ago and i think fell in love...

I was curious as to who has ridden one and what they thought of it. This would be my second bike if i bought one and it would definitely be down the road if i got one. I just loved the comfort level and the v-twin power.

ive been riding a superhawk and a yamaha virago cruiser since may (i enjoy both styles). heavy bike thou. likely a bit much for my height or weight so not fair assessment from newbie and short gal. but, i luuuv it. its got loads of torque, fun on the windy roads. its red and its my lust and nemesis all at the same time. this is the bike that makes me want to do better and also makes me realize if i want to refine riding sport, ill need something like a ninja if i want both feet on the ground soundly. superhawks just arent made for lowering.

Sorry man, I just saw this post.

I started on a 99 with 26k miles, thing rode like a frigging champ. It was -1 +2 and just a monster on tourque but I still was able to hit well into the 150s on the straights. So the top end wasnt gone, trust me. I wish I would have kept it to be honest, it was a great bike and well worth what I paid.

Not alot of aftermarket parts, but still a real good bike. And it had been down on both sides with only minimal damage. And nothing mechanically. I bet it still had alot of original parts too on it, which no one replaced.

Overall I give the bike an A+, comfy ride, plenty of room for a passenger, and yet still enough to get into the twisties.

Get it.

Tl1000s, no, borderline dangerous

Borderline AWESOME, but it is nicknamed the 'widowmaker'... get the TLR if you have your pick of TL bikes.

SV1000s, less comfortable, better aftermarket

Comfortable enough

Z1000, faster, less comfortable, buzzy

Agreed, from what I hear.

Speed Triple, maybe

$$$$$

$$$$$

As long as you aren't shooting for the 1050 model you won't be spending too much.

For example:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1279082899.html

Then again the I3 motor may not have the diversity from the I4 to necessitate a second bike. I still think the Honda is your best bet, especially because they're so cheap now.

Thanks for the help, i guess the other question is, what would be comparable in price and performance? would it be a better deal?

They are nice bikes, looked at one years ago but went for a TL1000R instead. I would say they are most comparable to a TL1000S.....but slower...

Still love a V-twin though...

i've got a 98 that is a blast! i had an f4, f4i and 1000rr before the hawk and this is my favorite bike. i'll never ride i-4 again. check out www.superhawkforum.com for more info. i geared down, remus chopped pipes, bmc race, VFR clipons and re-foamed my seat and i love it. sounds sick looks sick and is nasty with the tq. cheap to buy own and insure. common honda problmes R/R and CCT's other wise bomb proof.

lmk if you have any other questions.

andy

• 2 months later...