Glenn Beck - Common Sense

dmagicglock

I can't speak for why glenn felt this way or that way, other than I think the john stewart show may have taken his personal experience out of context versus his comments about "reform" aka government handout. You can call it bias, but look at the ratings... I think the american people will watch "fair and balanced" anyday over the Obama news network or other state run media networks because they're better at being more objective or at least offering a different view than the other 3 cable networks. (and for what its worth, I like to get a lot of my news from headline news because usually they're the most objective [but sometimes slip in some liberal bias] because its about news and not political commentary)

CABLE NEWS RACE

FRI., SEPT 11, 2009

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,212,000

FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,644,000

FOXNEWS BECK 2,544,000

FOXNEWS BAIER 1,968,000

FOXNEWS SHEP 1,705,000

MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,067,000

MSNBC MADDOW 948,000

CNN BLITZER 889,000

CNN KING 875,000

Come on man, now you're just injecting hyperbole. Obama news network? You're better than that.

Name me one state-run news agency besides NPR.

You want truly non-biased news? Someone who just reports the events without trying to inject their own personal or corporate agenda? Look to the BBC. I've found the Beeb to be one of the most objective people out there.

i go to their website a lot, its interesting to see what stories they report on, i think its funny some of the stuff thats front page news for them (that happens in America) is like a backpage story for us.

edit*

for example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8255930.stm

Edited by dmagicglock

Name me one state-run news agency besides NPR

From the guy who posts a clip from Comedy Central??

Ummm....how about TASS in the former Soviet Union?

Oh wait, you mean over here.

Lets see...

MSNBC

ABC

CBS

NBC

CNN

This shit with them media all started when uncle walter injected his "opinion" into his newscasts during the viet nam war.

Its been down hill since then.

this is a seperate thread entirely... but I feel like the left leaning media was so invested in barack's campaign that their "credibility" or whats left of it, is at stake with him succeeding. They purposely fail to report on stories that would effect his image in a negative light and skew their "polling" data to help their cause. Anyone who saw wolf blitzer practically in tears on the night Obama was elected, or Chris Matthews talking about the tingles he gets up his leg when Obama speaks, knows that there is no "journalism" left with those media outlets.

Just wondering, what if you DID make doctors on the assembly line?

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Or what if you just made the Doc's and Nurses employees of the "state"

Heyyyyy.....wait a minute....THAT sounds like Germany.

Excellent! Everyone knows the Germans always make good stuff.

Health care is free over there, dontcha know....

I am aware of this fact. You wouldn't happen to be Todd Palin, would you?

What does health care for everyone cost in Germany?

Employee contribution - 7%-8%

Employer Contribution - 8%

Maximum out of pocket per covered individual 5,200 Euro.

Doctors are by and large "state" employees, although due to the burdens on the system the "state" is now training Doctors to become "entrepreneurs" and take "paying" customers. There's also a big push to get the "wealthy" people into "private" insurance.

Yeah...that free health care really IS free.

Yes, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Since we've clearly deviated from my original question (dmagicglock gave a little answer, you ducked it entirely Todd), I ask another. We can clearly agree on the premise that there will be a cost associated with health care, whether it's spread out over the populace or paid per person before or after treatments are administered. My question is this: are you completely OK with being one major accident away from complete financial ruin? It is possible with the current healthcare system in place that you can get into a survivable accident, be covered under your insurance, but still have multiple tens of thousands in medical bills. Are you OK with this?

Anyone who saw wolf blitzer practically in tears on the night Obama was elected, or Chris Matthews talking about the tingles he gets up his leg when Obama speaks, knows that there is no "journalism" left with those media outlets.

Amen.

Add to that the disparity regarding attendance at the march on DC this weekend. Was it 10's of thousands, or was it 2,000,000?

Many in the US media reported it at the 10's of thousands, while British media said it was 2,000,000. I was there, and there were WAY more people than 10's of thousands, but I'm quite certain there were fewer than 2,000,000. Most of the media has NO credibility.

From the guy who posts a clip from Comedy Central??

Ummm....how about TASS in the former Soviet Union?

Oh wait, you mean over here.

Lets see...

MSNBC

ABC

CBS

NBC

CNN

This shit with them media all started when uncle walter injected his "opinion" into his newscasts during the viet nam war.

Its been down hill since then.

Wow, you really make this WAY too easy. Do you make a habit of making all your arguments false, or is that just the way they come out on the keyboard?

The rep fairy is lurking...

reputation_neg.gifGlenn Beck - Common Sense 09-14-2009 11:31 PM god you're dumb

The funny thing is... it's rep NOW for a post in July. But, props to them for the grammatically correct 'you're'. Still too skeerd to come out from hiding behind anonymous rep for a real debate though. Here fairy fairy fairy.

The funny thing is... it's rep NOW for a post in July. But, props to them for the grammatically correct 'you're'. Still too skeerd to come out from hiding behind anonymous rep for a real debate though. Here fairy fairy fairy.

Dont you love it! This is when he/she did it to me too. AWESOME!!!

Wow, you really make this WAY too easy. Do you make a habit of making all your arguments false, or is that just the way they come out on the keyboard?

What part of my statement is false?

While the media outlets mentioned are not really state controlled, are you telling me that there is no bias shown?

Oh wait....you get your news and information from Comedy Central. Never mind...

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

I dunno..you brought it up way back in post #73. Maybe you could explain why you think the Doctors are the problem with the health care system.

Excellent! Everyone knows the Germans always make good stuff.

Oh right....like Hitler? Really, the German people made him what he was.

I am aware of this fact. You wouldn't happen to be Todd Palin, would you?

Nope. Talk to JRMiii about how to REALLY insult someone. (Hint - this is where you're supposed to say "you hate black people)

Yes, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Since we've clearly deviated from my original question (dmagicglock gave a little answer, you ducked it entirely Todd), I ask another. We can clearly agree on the premise that there will be a cost associated with health care, whether it's spread out over the populace or paid per person before or after treatments are administered. My question is this: are you completely OK with being one major accident away from complete financial ruin? It is possible with the current healthcare system in place that you can get into a survivable accident, be covered under your insurance, but still have multiple tens of thousands in medical bills. Are you OK with this?

Your original question (reconciling the Glenn Beck clips from Comedy Central) was answered wayyyyy back in post #71. The question you're asking now is essentially the SAME question, and my answer there still applies.

reputation_neg.gifGlenn Beck - Common Sense 09-15-2009 06:45 AM For whining about rep --the rep fairy

:rolleyes: No one is whining, just making it public to show we still have petty anonymous tools on here. I wonder who was reading this thread at 6:45 AM?

Oh right....like Hitler? Really, the German people made him what he was.

godwins-law-9796.jpg

Edited by JRMMiii

reputation_neg.gifGlenn Beck - Common Sense 09-15-2009 06:45 AM For whining about rep --the rep fairy

:rolleyes: No one is whining, just making it public to show we still have petty anonymous tools on here. I wonder who was reading this thread at 6:45 AM?

I'd say its either a vast right-wing conspiracy or its a racist statement against you.

godwins-law-9796.jpg

Ohhh look, JRMiii posted another witty cartoon....:rolleyes:

Sorry I couldn't brighten your day Todd. I can't imagine what life would be like if I was that uptight all the time.

Who said you didn't brighten my day? Maybe I delight in seeing you skip down the path to communism?

For that matter, what makes you think that I dont like being uptight?

Who said you didn't brighten my day? Maybe I delight in seeing you skip down the path to communism?

:rolleyes: <--- that smiley doesn't typically indicate delight.

For that matter, what makes you think that I dont like being uptight?
I never said you didn't... just that I couldn't. It was about me. I just can't believe I'd be so selfish and narcissistic to think about MY feelings and not of the feelings of the "collective". :eek:

Believe it or not many of the Iraqi immigrants don't openly speak of their heritage because of the negative perceptions of thier race held by many Americans. So you will not get an accurate count no matter how hard you try. Some may go as far as to call themselves Chaldean if they are comfortable around you but many won't. The numbers were not crucial to my argument.

Late to the party here..but this is VERY VERY true. If you haven't spent time in the SE Michigan area, you wouldn't know this.

Dont you love it! This is when he/she did it to me too. AWESOME!!!

godwins-law-9796.jpg

Same thing happened to me about an old post from earlier in the year. Basically it was a 'Fuck you and fuck him (Obama)' rep.

It shouldn't take much to narrow down who it was. Maybe someone who posted around that time...maybe not.