Honda riders!!

OhioMarine

I just found a pretty good looking F2 on craigslist. My one main concern is the mileage, its sitting at 30,000. How much good life do you think I could get out of this bike not knowing how this guy ran it?? He also says "It has little rattle from timing chain TENTIONER for the first 15 sec after started and goes right away...Mike bikes diagnosed the issue its a $250 fix". Whats your take on this situation?!

the motor? ita a honda. do you have to ask??????????

it will last. you need to be concerned about electronics and prepared to deal with that kind of promlem should it arise. but no, its not a suzuki so it shouldnt blow up as that speedometer rolls on :D

I had an 87 CBR 600 Hurricane with 42,000 miles and it's still running. It was beat to hell but the engine never had an issue. Cam chain tensioner is easy. Take the side fairings off and look on the back of the block and it's beside a hose.

$100 for a new hydraulic cam chain tensioner and gasket, and about 45 minutes of your time and you're good. A loud CCT means nothing in terms of the motor being bad, they all fail and all allow rattle all the way up to the newer F4i. Keep in mind it's an older bike, but they are easy to work on and run like a clock. I didn't have too many electrical gremlins to worry about.

haha now i really gotta look into it.. you think offering 12-1300 would be reasonable.?? He says everything is good upto the CCT. Im going to to see how the chain and sprockets are doing today. If those dont turn out so hot, does that change any opinions?

Dunno what prices are right now, but depending on year I've seen prices in the 2k range. If the sprocket and chain are toast, then I'd start at 1200 to 1300 and cap it at 1750 depending on what he says. How are the plastics?

Dunno what prices are right now, but depending on year I've seen prices in the 2k range. If the sprocket and chain are toast, then I'd start at 1200 to 1300 and cap it at 1750 depending on what he says. How are the plastics?

Plastics are perfect, all there no scratches or cracks. It has a few mods too. New cbr gribs, HID headlight, Two brothers exhaust, tank cover, and carbon fiber mirrors..

Sounds like a nice bike, and finding one with completely clean fairings is usually hard. It may be worth about $2k. But sprockets and chain will cost you about $200 and the CCT another $65 to $80. So I'd say lowball around $1400 and see what he says.

It's not hard to find near perfect condition F2s and F3s.. the trick is getting them cheap. Owners know what they've got and they don't let them go for Gixxer prices.

You got that right. And I guess thats what Im hoping for, to get one cheap. But its lookin like im gunna have to spend roughly 2K. I just mentioned in another forum, that today, my father found an ad for an 01 GSXR 750 for only 3K. And those are the deals that keep me bikeless!! Im so indecisive, kinda sucks. haha

the cct is very common on these bikes as it was controlled with oil pressure I belive. this will solve all your problems. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/APE-Cam-Chain-Tensioner-Honda-CBR600-F2-CBR-Hurricane_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem5881d9bdacQQitemZ380135652780QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

My bike has 42000 on it and it runs like brand new.Change the oil, I had my valve lash checked (per honda manual every 16000) and I would not hesitate to ride it to california. It doesnt use any oil, doesn't smoke. Biggest problem with the f3s, and im assuming the f2s have the same issue is the regulator/rectifier. They dont have any cooling fins on them, and they get hot. Eventually they crack. This can be solved by putting an r/r from an r6 or get a ricks regulator http://www.gdlcycles.com/asp1/findmemodelpages.asp?qsmake=CBR%20600%20F3&qspart=Rectifier I personally have the ricks regulator and dont have any issues

Edited by oldschoolsdime92