better seats for 1000rr

MidgetTodd

need some more comfy seats for my 07 1000rr anybody know a good upolsterer to mod the oem ones or found some good replacements mainly the pass seat so the wife will ride more but thinking on doing my seat to but hers is priority i saw a pic of a corbin for it but it didnt look like much of an improvement for the money they wanted

PM Hoblick. Or if you have the $, get a corbin or sargent (http://www.sargentcycle.com/) seat

checked into both sargent doesnt make a rear seat and and the corbins are way pricey would like to hear from someone thats useing the front and rear corbins on a 1000rr before forking out that kinda dough

I've been using a corbin on my 1000rr for over a year now. One of the 3 best mods I've put on the bike for sure. I've put over 700 miles on the bike in a day with it and fatigue time is a lot longer. NO HOT SPOTS at all so I definately suggest it. I know they're expensive, but you only buy it once and you'll never regret it.

Yeah, the stock seat on the 1k is like a plank. I went with over a Sargent and LOVE it. It has settled just a bit on the front half from so much use.. but is still very padded. Its on all the time except for trackdays. The downside like stated above, is they do not make replacement rear seats, only covers to match the front. But...if I have a lil lady on the back we are probably taking breaks anyways for my wrist and back.

Check out greatdaytoride.com

Hoblick used him for to redo his R6 seats. His name comes up ALOT on other forums as his work os top notch. You send him your stick seat with a return label and he replaces your stock foam material with your choice up materials and upgrades. To include gel and shaving seat height. I think he guanantees a 2day turnaround upon receipt. He's worth a look and I'm pretty sure it is only around $100.

Check out greatdaytoride.com

Hoblick used him for to redo his R6 seats. His name comes up ALOT on other forums as his work os top notch. You send him your stick seat with a return label and he replaces your stock foam material with your choice up materials and upgrades. To include gel and shaving seat height. I think he guanantees a 2day turnaround upon receipt. He's worth a look and I'm pretty sure it is only around $100.

+1 The front seat is amazing. An R6 should not be this comfortable.

Not sure if I am happy with the rear, might try to stuff some more foam in there. The GF complained about it but this is the first bike she has ever ridden on and the roads have been pretty bumpy.

need some more comfy seats for my 07 1000rr anybody know a good upolsterer to mod the oem ones or found some good replacements mainly the pass seat so the wife will ride more but thinking on doing my seat to but hers is priority i saw a pic of a corbin for it but it didnt look like much of an improvement for the money they wanted

I tried a Corbin on my 600rr and I hated it. It was hard as a rock, not an improvement, and expensive. It also seemed to pinch the battery (despite being custom made for the bike model) and kept causing the bike to randomly shut off regardless of speed. I took my stock seat to to a guy in Cincy that does the interiors of older cars. I have no idea what the place was called now, since it was many moons ago. He just added a shitload of high density foam and it has be a HUUUUUGE change. I'm probably going to have it done again next year, since the padding has broken down over the years. It's been in there four years now. Just my two cents and only a fraction of the cost. If you're handy, you could probably do it yourself.

I have a Sargent. A lot more comfortable. It is a bit wider so if you have height issues , like me, you'll have more after the seat.

cant go sargent they dont make rears and i need both

Not sure if I am happy with the rear, might try to stuff some more foam in there. The GF complained about it but this is the first bike she has ever ridden on and the roads have been pretty bumpy.

yep i talked to him yesterday and i think thats what im gonna do , did you get the gel insert too or just his foam work ?

Hmm...I'll drop him a line.. I could use a second seat for in town riding that shaves some height off.