Ohio Scenic Canal Byway (Big pictures)

Likwid

Decided to detail the bike using the NXT wax FocusDave recommended... I did the full detail, then glaze and NXT over top... I'm very happy with the results!

This has got to be my favorite ride, I don't have a lot to compare it to but still. Riverview Road follows the Ohio canal, and it's just a beautiful ride. It's not super twisty but it has enough to keep my interested.

Here are some pictures, I can't upload them here so sorry about no thumbnails

3665737363_24fc521a7e_b.jpg

3665737685_baf2fcfca7_b.jpg

3666541952_644d2de4f3.jpg?v=0

3665738957_3acb3fcf7f_b.jpg

3665741151_f69c0be2e4_b.jpg

3666545626_643d919315_b.jpg

I had the 'busa

Kevin has his gsxr1k

Steve had an RC51

Two up on a Honda VTX (I think)

One on a Harley

Girl on a Honda CR230F (?) dual sport

Guy on a 650 BMW dual sport

I'm not really good with models on cruisers or the dual sports. I know it was a larger Honda cruiser, a Honda 2xx dual, and the BMW was a dual sport 650, but I have no idea of the letter designation - it was a good looking bike.

We ended up at the QSL in Valley View for lunch around 2:30

I had the 'busa

Kevin has his gsxr1k

Steve had an RC51

One on a Harley

I'm not really good with models on cruisers or the dual sports. I know it was a larger Honda cruiser, a Honda 2xx dual, and the BMW was a dual sport 650, but I have no idea of the letter designation - it was a good looking bike.

Man, I woulda been up for some QSL too.... next time maybe

Very nice pics. What did you use to edit the last pic, Color Splash?

Thanks. Photoshop. Added an adjustment layer, desaturated, brushed the red parts with a black brush :-D

It's one of those "oh.. duh" things, I was trying crazy things, using colored filters, cutting pieces out and making them new layers... finally one my friends goes "here, do this" and 5 minutes later it's done, been using the method ever since.

Edit: I just looked up Color Splash, I thought it was a photo tool, didn't realise it was an iPhone app. So, no, used Photoshop.

Edited by Likwid

Thanks. Photoshop. Added an adjustment layer, desaturated, brushed the red parts with a black brush :-D

It's one of those "oh.. duh" things, I was trying crazy things, using colored filters, cutting pieces out and making them new layers... finally one my friends goes "here, do this" and 5 minutes later it's done, been using the method ever since.

Edit: I just looked up Color Splash, I thought it was a photo tool, didn't realise it was an iPhone app. So, no, used Photoshop.

Cool. Thanks. I will have to try that sometime.

Likwid - I'm pretty sure there is more then one fellow in Ohio with a Vulcan... But about a month back i had a smoke and coke with a fellow at a gas station riding the same kind of bike. You wouldn't happen to be him would you?? I was on 'my 07 green zx-6r..

I couldn't tell you where the gas station was because I was just cruising lol. But he did point out how to get to the highway.

-Danny

Edited by Squidy

Hey Squidy, as much as I'd like to say that was me (cool story) it was not. But I'd be happy to share a coke with you.

@lpj: I really like it, it's my first bike and my first time riding. Only think I'd change about it would be the chain... very noisey, I was riding around the block last night (first time no helmet) and I'm surprised to know a lot of the noise I was hearing through my helmet was in fact, the chain.

I do a fair amount of highway commuting, and back roads riding. She does a great job with both, I'm surprised...

I had the 'busa

Kevin has his gsxr1k

Steve had an RC51

One on a Harley

I'm pretty sure I passed you guys on riverview. I was heading south, and you guys were going north. I was on the naked red cbr with no headlight lol.

We don't discriminate, but in all honesty, we usually aren't rolling with cruisers, and that's only the second time I've ridden with a group that had dual sports.

You rolled with me... remember, I ran out of gas :(