ForeWarning Coshocton Rides

Cdubyah

There have been alot of State Patrol cruisers around here lately. A least three I counted yesterday within 20 miles of one another. I saw four OHP cruisers stopped for lunch at a local eatery a couple of days ago.

Word through the grapevine is that they are patroling around here with helicopters. So if you are caught doing something dumb, they will call in the helicopter to follow you.

So if you are coming out this way, ride smart, and ride safe. :)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So has anybody down there ran from a copter? I started doing research on the matter most law enforcement agencies use the same model helicopter and it can do like 120mph in a straight line. If you can hit a highway that is mostly straight the ability to go in a straight line would be lost with the copter. Even the 600's now are capable of getting into the 160's it should be possible to loose them.

So has anybody down there ran from a copter? I started doing research on the matter most law enforcement agencies use the same model helicopter and it can do like 120mph in a straight line. If you can hit a highway that is mostly straight the ability to go in a straight line would be lost with the copter. Even the 600's now are capable of getting into the 160's it should be possible to loose them.

Um, not that I'm aware of.

I don't plan to find out. Would rather just pull over, rather than kill myself in the process of running.

I think that is why they are going to helicopters. Once the chase is broken off by the cruisers, the unknowing individual is still bein tracked from above. But might possibly slow down, therefore the danger to other motorists is reduced.

The radio reply is tired and useless what are they going to do radio ahead so their friends can watch them go by? I am surprised at how many people on here won't run?

The line of site for a helicopter is far that you would expect.

The thought of a felony evasion charge doesn't sit well with many.

There's also the fact that we aren't idiots.

The radio reply is tired and useless what are they going to do radio ahead so their friends can watch them go by? I am surprised at how many people on here won't run?

:rolleyes:

This quote of squidlyness brought to you by QuikZX9R. QiukZX9R, when you absolutely gotta get beat down by the man.

A helicopter in coshocton? Come on now...the OSHP only uses planes and they only clock speeds on straight roads with those painted lines.

I'd believe there might be increadesd patrol on ground but not in the air. Thanks for the warning but I hope it's just small town rumor mill :)

Yeah well some of us have enough skill to touch down and do it under control and some of you can't touch down at all. Seems like alot of you on the website dont actually ride or you would know how things work

Everybody else has been nice so far, so I'll just come out and say it.

I am surprised at how much of a dumbass you are.

Ever heard of road blocks? All 600lbs of you versus over 5 tons of car sitting in the the road? Better hope you have the intelligence to brake. Oh wait, you'll just wheelie over them right? So many variables come into riding a bike at sub 200 mph speeds on public roads that it becomes invariably life threatening in so many ways. If you just randomly stop posting one day, I'll know that Darwin has done his job.

A helicopter in coshocton? Come on now...the OSHP only uses planes and they only clock speeds on straight roads with those painted lines.

I'd believe there might be increadesd patrol on ground but not in the air. Thanks for the warning but I hope it's just small town rumor mill :)

Don't think they would be using it to clock, just to follow out of sight.

There is a helicopter in cleveland. Pretty long trip though for po dunk ohio.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robjameson/3616292681/in/pool-ohiops

prolly right tho about the rumor mill, it happens frequently.

Edited by Cdubyah

Yeah well some of us have enough skill to touch down and do it under control and some of you can't touch down at all. Seems like alot of you on the website dont actually ride or you would know how things work

LMAFO tell you how it is... You tell us!!! :rolleyes:

Regardless of your skill, your ass meets with the pavement under circumstances that you can't control you're gonna say "Damn I should have had some gloves on and..." Then you'll think about this thread. :slap:

:plus1:

and with as few scars as possible.

Chicks dig scars, just not as many as quik is gonna have.

Edited by nochknstrps

Thats ok you cant help it but maybe if you would go out and ride a little you would learn a little bit and wouldnt make such ignorant posts. Then whenever you eventually learn to ride you can step up to a real bike.