Yep, just a Vette'

RSVDon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see... were those DOT slicks? That's a ridiculously quick car... not necessarily fast, but quick. The drag racing guys know the difference.

154 mph trap says its fast as well, in the realm of street cars.

I don't understand why he waited so long to launch. Am I missing something?? That was an eternity... :confused:

Preparing for a good launch. Unless you're bracket racing with a dial-in, the reaction time doesn't count. He could sit there for 5 days at the light and still run that time.

He was just setting up to get a timeslip... Reaction Time really only comes into play during competition.

154mph is fast for a streetcar in the 1/4, but there are guys on 'busas trapping 160's and still only running mid-low 9s. Tells you how much you benefit from having two contact patches and a heavier machine to stick to the pavement.

He was just setting up to get a timeslip... Reaction Time really only comes into play during competition.

154mph is fast for a streetcar in the 1/4, but there are guys on 'busas trapping 160's and still only running mid-low 9s. Tells you how much you benefit from having two contact patches and a heavier machine to stick to the pavement.

Plus, launching a bike like that vs. launching a car are so different and require so much more skill...

Think same reaction times, but only two wheels and wanting to lift all the time. Contact patcj is the size of a credit card and it squirms everywhere...

Not a drag racing fan, but outside top fuel cars and how they ever get that much power, bikes are cool...

Plus, launching a bike like that vs. launching a car are so different and require so much more skill...

Think same reaction times, but only two wheels and wanting to lift all the time. Contact patcj is the size of a credit card and it squirms everywhere...

Not a drag racing fan, but outside top fuel cars and how they ever get that much power, bikes are cool...

I found this out the hard way

Ya know powerglides came standard in quite a few cars, even vettes back in the day. They aren't a specially made racing trans. And hell if you've got enough power 2 gears is enough. I drive the bike around town in second and will use one gear for miles when it's stop and go.

so your saying a 8 sec vett is a daily driver? I know a lot of ppl sweat vetts but seriously you think hes it driving all the time? And you think that power glide comes off the shelf able to hold that much power? Internet is funny I forgot how much fun this is!!