What's your specialty?

SchmuckGirl

Ok...  So aside from Snot and MJ, are there any women that frequent this site anymore?  And just in case you want to try some venison:

2 pounds venison steak, cubed

4 stalks celery, chopped

1 small bag baby carrots

4 small white onions

6 medium potatoes, quartered

2 cans beef broth

1 cup red wine

2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

2 bay leaves

flour

salt/pepper to taste

Canola oil

Toss cubed venison in flour with salt and pepper.  Brown in canola oil.  Put in large crock pot.  Add all other ingredients and fridge overnight.  Turn crock pot on low in the morning, eat when you're ready at dinner time.  Serve with lots of crusty bread and a nice zinfandel or pinot noir. 

Considering that this is a zombie thread im going to say brains.

But for real.

One of my son's favorites that i make is Toad In the Hole.

Butter some bread on both sides

Use a cup or empty soup can like a cookie cutter to take the center out of the bread slice.

Take the center or "hole" out. Put the slice of bread and the "hole" on a flat iron or whatever you use to cook grilled cheese. And cook it like grilled cheese.

Once one side of the bread slice is browned to your liking flip it over.

Then crack an egg into the center of the bread slice.

Then cook it until the egg is cooked to your liking. I prefer over easy or "dippin" eggs and use the "hole" to dip into the egg.

It takes a little trial and error to get the timing down to cook the bread and egg both to your liking.

Another one of my specialties is Beer butt chicken.

Just Google it and pick a recipe that sounds good. I prefer to smoke it.

Beer butt chicken? I call it drunken chicken. Either way, it's damn good. 

I used to never cook. Absolutely hated it. But in order to eat healthy, you kinda have to. So I've learn. Here's the first real baked chicken recipe I've learned that was super simple, has a lot of flavor and cooks perfectly almost every time. It's still hands down, one of my favorites. 

Preheat oven to  400F

Coat a glass casserole dish with non-stick spray

Put the chicken breast in the casserole dish, rib side up. Brush with olive oil and drizzle with lemon juice.

Sprinkle with salt, pepper, parsley and rosemary to taste. If unsure, start out with about a 1/8 tsp of rosemary and parsley per breast, per side.   

Turn chicken over, repeat olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning procedure.

Add chicken broth into the pan with the chicken (not over the chicken, you'll wash the spices off). I usually add about 1/4" of broth. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice to the broth. 

Put dish in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. 

Spicey beanless chili

10-15 San Marzano Tomato's

1-2 hearty thick type tomatoes. (I use celebrity)

15 Green Chilies Whole (mild I use Anaheim)

7 Jalapeños

1 Cayanne red pepper

1 whole white onion

3 garlic cloves

Salt

Pepper

Various seasonings

Olive oil

1 tsp cinnamon

2 well marbled ribeyes

Run tomatoes through processor to slightly chunky consitancy. Place in large bowl and set aside.

Boil green chilies for 10-15 minutes or until skin is soft, rinse in cool water. Remove seeds and ribs of chilies. Place in processor and turn in to a paste. Set in large bowl and set aside.

Boil jalapeños for 5 minutes. Rinse with cool water. Remove seeds and ribs except for 2 (can be more or less depending on preference). Place in processor turn to paste and add to other chili paste.

Place steaks on freezer for 10 minutes, remove trim excess fat and cut into 1" cubes. Coat with salt and pepper.

Chop onion and garlic, heat olive oil in a large pot. Add onion and garlic cook until translucent. Add steak, cook to medium rare.

Add pureed tomatos and pepper paste. Allow to come to boil.

Dice or chop hearty tomato's add to pot.

Slice cayenne pepper in to small slivers add to pot.

Once at heavy boil reduce to simmer.

Add cinnamon and check for taste. Add own spices as needed.

Let simmer for 90 minutes to 2 hours.

Divide and refrigerate. Serve the next day.

This makes about 8-10 servibgs. It will be more of a chili soup but it is very hearty and filling. Do not simmer longer than 2 hours. Or you lose to much liquid from the tomato's and will cause loss in number of servings.

I do not add any kind of chiplotle or chili powder, especially Texas chili powder. I do not want smoke taste in my chili.

Considering that this is a zombie thread im going to say brains.

But for real.

One of my son's favorites that i make is Toad In the Hole.

Butter some bread on both sides

Use a cup or empty soup can like a cookie cutter to take the center out of the bread slice.

Take the center or "hole" out. Put the slice of bread and the "hole" on a flat iron or whatever you use to cook grilled cheese. And cook it like grilled cheese.

Once one side of the bread slice is browned to your liking flip it over.

Then crack an egg into the center of the bread slice.

Then cook it until the egg is cooked to your liking. I prefer over easy or "dippin" eggs and use the "hole" to dip into the egg.

It takes a little trial and error to get the timing down to cook the bread and egg both to your liking.

We called this eggs in a basket. Very good.

ABT's are one of mine!

I made some last weekend.   You were right.  They are awesome!

Took some jalapenos, sliced them in half, gutted them, sprinkled a little bit of a brown sugar based rub in them, some shreds of cheddar cheese, a scoop of cream cheese, then wrapped each in bacon.  Ran them in the smoker for about 1-1/2 hour or so at around 250 degrees.

I could have ran them at a little hotter temp, and I need to figure a way to get them to cook a little more consistently next time.  I placed them directly on the cooking racks in the smoker.

Put 4-6 big boneless skinless chicken titties in a crock pot. Add 1 can chicken broth, 2 packets taco seasoning and 2 packets hidden valley ranch mix. Leave crock on low or medium till chicken temps out, then shred breast with forks and make tacos. They're incredible.

What size can of chicken broth do you use?

Ok... So aside from Snot and MJ, are there any women that frequent this site anymore?

I'm still here. Although I'll be living in china by next week. Here's mine:

BBQ Muffins

1 pound ground beef

1/2 cup ketchup

3 tbsp brown sugar

Chili powder to taste

1 can biscuits

1/2 cup to 1 cup shredded cheese

Brown beef. Mix ketchup, sugar, spices in and set aside. Roll or stretch out biscuits to fit in muffin tins. Fill with mixture and too with cheese. Bake at 375 for 18 minutes, I think, but I'd check after 15 or so.

Coney Sauce

1 1/4 lbs. Hamburger

1 large Onion (chopped)

1/2 cup Sugar

1/4 cup Chili Powder

1/2 cup Ketchup

1 1/2 cups Water

Brown the hamburger and the chopped onion until done.

Drain then put it back in the skillet.

Add all the other ingredients and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

Leftovers can be frozen to be reheated later.

I'm still here. Although I'll be living in china by next week. Here's mine:

BBQ Muffins

1 pound ground beef

1/2 cup ketchup

3 tbsp brown sugar

Chili powder to taste

1 can biscuits

1/2 cup to 1 cup shredded cheese

Brown beef. Mix ketchup, sugar, spices in and set aside. Roll or stretch out biscuits to fit in muffin tins. Fill with mixture and too with cheese. Bake at 375 for 18 minutes, I think, but I'd check after 15 or so.

I love this, I use normal Manwich when Im in a hurry, but dang now I think I might have to do this for my kiddo this week.

Stuffed venison recipe from the Ted Nugent kill it and grill it book.

2# venison tenderloins or backstrap

Salt

1/2 cup finely chopped basil

1 head garlic, roasted, casings removed, and smashed

1/2 cup thin sliced smoked Gouda

2tablespoons olive oil

1/4 cup shallots

1/4 cup white wine

1/4 cup chicken stock

1tablespoon honey or Dijon mustard

1tablespoon of butter

Sprinkle venison with salt & basil. Spread garlic in center of tenderloin, add cheese, then roll up and secure with twine or toothpicks. Seat tenderloins in skillet with olive oil over high heat. Place pan in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove meat from pan and cover with foil and set aside.

Place pan with meat droppings back on stove over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until translucent. Add the wine and deglaze the pan. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in the mustard and butter. Pour sauce over venison and serve.

Good stuff

I love this, I use normal Manwich when Im in a hurry, but dang now I think I might have to do this for my kiddo this week.

I like t because it's super easy. My speciality is actually chicken pot pie from scratch but fuck if I'm going to write out THAT recipe.