I had to pull the trigger on this one

playerpro153

OK, I've been looking for a high powered rifle for some time now and every time there's one I like, it gets sold before I can get my hands on it. Well finally I found one and took it.

New Blaser Tactical 2 rifle. I have a bipod on the way, but no scope. The scope will be ordered either may or june. I can't wait to get this thing to a range. Flounder, if I can get this thing back to ohio for a while, we'll have to go shooting.

blaser.jpg

I was going to recomend the nightforce myself. Here are the 2 that I would recommend.

NXS 5.5-22x56 Has 100 MOA of elevation which is way more then you will ever use on a .308

NXS 8-32x56 Has 65 MOA of elevation which is plenty for a .308 and you will like the extra magnification.

As far as the reticle goes, I would suggest the NP-R1

I know a guy that is a dealer for Nightforce if your interested in some prices. Estimate about $1600+ for the 8-32

Right now allot of places are backordered on both those models. If you want, I can give you the name of the guy I know but just make sure that whatever time he tells you, your probably looking at more time on top of that because of the backorder situation

And for future reference, I will save you some time.. Buy a reloading setup ASAP..

For powder, you will want to use Varget

For bullets, all of the following are good and I use them all

Lapua 155grain Scenar

Hornady 168 Amax

Sierra 175grain Match King

Edited by flounder

that's the plan. any suggestions on a good reloading kit?

edit: by the way, I'll be back in ohio in about 3 weeks. I was thinking, if you have friday or saturday free, I wouldn't mind shooting a few. My gun won't be ready until I get the scope, but I'd love to try some long range shooting.

Edited by playerpro153

that's the plan. any suggestions on a good reloading kit?

edit: by the way, I'll be back in ohio in about 3 weeks. I was thinking, if you have friday or saturday free, I wouldn't mind shooting a few. My gun won't be ready until I get the scope, but I'd love to try some long range shooting.

Depends on what day it is and whether your looking to shoot 100-300 yards or if you want to try something further like 1000yards which is about 1:45 drive from here. But depending when it is, there may be a tactical shoot that weekend anyway... Hell Im sure Tom has an extra NXS scope you could demo if you are thinking of buying from him. We could throw the scope on and have it zero'd at 100yards in about 3 shots. Not to mention we could crono whatever rounds your shooting to get the velocity and use a ballistics program to create you a basic drop chart out to 1200 if you wanted.

hell yeah that sounds good. My bipod and pelican case are already on the way. All I need is a flash supressor, but I can shoot without it. With some luck I may be able to buy a scope soon too. I'm landing in dayton, and staying in cincinnati until sunday. where is the shooting range?

If I can find it, it's either going to be one of the 2 flounder suggested or the leupold MK 4 LR 8.5-25 X 50mm. Sounds like they're all gonna be hard to find so I hope to have one in a few months.

Found a nightforce in stock:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=175835

Edited by playerpro153

• 4 weeks later...