5/15 -5/17 -- Hocking Hills, SR 555, SE Ohio, etc -- Camping

Casper

Are you going on the Hocking Hills/SR555/Camping trip??  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going on the Hocking Hills/SR555/Camping trip??

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So anyone need me to haul shit down or what? I'm leaving friday after work about 6PM.. ill aloso have a 8 person tent with room for well, 7 more.. so anyone on a bike not able to take a tent etc is more than welcome... let me know asap

I may take you up on your offer, for hauling shit and a place to sleep; though my ability to go this weekend all depends on whether I can finish a school project by thursday, or at least have it mostly done.

Casper, how many are in your party? I had a friend cancel so I am trying to see if I have room to invite anyone else. Let me know if its just you or you and a female.

Just me. I know RC51John and Ousley99 are looking for people to stay with as well.

Well, heres the deal. The cabin sleeps 6, 1 bedroom w/ double bed, 2 bunk beds that sleep one each (Or 2 if you can spoon all nite) and one queen futon that sleeps 2.

Looks like we have room for one more in a bunk bed if anyone wants it, I got dibs on the bedroom. The couple can take the futon, and that leaves one bunk open. Anyone want it?

Well, heres the deal. The cabin sleeps 6, 1 bedroom w/ double bed, 2 bunk beds that sleep one each (Or 2 if you can spoon all nite) and one queen futon that sleeps 2.

Looks like we have room for one more in a bunk bed if anyone wants it, I got dibs on the bedroom. The couple can take the futon, and that leaves one bunk open. Anyone want it?

I call dibs on that bunk! I'm briging food to grill and shit too! Pm me to let me know the details of where to meet etc.!

Food is nice, they are hitting me for 10 Bucks extra per adult, even though I tried to convince them infact there would be no adults staying, and things split up to about 50 bucks per person for both nights per bed, im chipping in a bit extra since im nabbing the bedroom. I plan on arriving around 5-6pm, depending on the ride, I may be hucking down alone from akron as my friends wont show till closer to 8-9. And yes, a grilling there will be! And as someone said, camping without alcohol is like... Well too scary to comprehend! The cabin has a shower and bathroom, and wifi, and a kitchen, as well as tv w/ Satellite.

what no spooning???

Food is nice, they are hitting me for 10 Bucks extra per adult, even though I tried to convince them infact there would be no adults staying, and things split up to about 50 bucks per person for both nights per bed, im chipping in a bit extra since im nabbing the bedroom. I plan on arriving around 5-6pm, depending on the ride, I may be hucking down alone from akron as my friends wont show till closer to 8-9. And yes, a grilling there will be! And as someone said, camping without alcohol is like... Well too scary to comprehend! The cabin has a shower and bathroom, and wifi, and a kitchen, as well as tv w/ Satellite.

So am I in for sure? Ill be there about 730-8..

Weather's not looking so hot:

May 14 Today Rain likely with a few thunderstorms. High 73F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

May 14 Tonight Partly cloudy skies early will give way to cloudy skies late. Low 54F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

May 15 Tomorrow Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High 78F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.

May 15 Tomorrow night Isolated thunderstorms in the evening with a few showers possible overnight. Low 62F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

May 16 Saturday Scattered thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 40s.

May 17 Sunday Clouds giving way to sun . Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 40s.

Weather's not looking so hot:

May 14 Today Rain likely with a few thunderstorms. High 73F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

May 14 Tonight Partly cloudy skies early will give way to cloudy skies late. Low 54F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

May 15 Tomorrow Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High 78F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.

May 15 Tomorrow night Isolated thunderstorms in the evening with a few showers possible overnight. Low 62F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

May 16 Saturday Scattered thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 40s.

May 17 Sunday Clouds giving way to sun . Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 40s.

looks like you all might be getting wet, and not in a good way.:D

Im not sweating it, we got the sweetest cabin there, so atleast we will be comfortable. The weather man has been way off this week so far, so I am hoping that holds true for sat.

Anyways, same thing happened on the way down to Deals Gap last year, but even on the rainy day I had a good time, even if we ran a bit slow. Guess good day to take pictures.

Im not sweating it, we got the sweetest cabin there, so atleast we will be comfortable. The weather man has been way off this week so far, so I am hoping that holds true for sat.

Anyways, same thing happened on the way down to Deals Gap last year, but even on the rainy day I had a good time, even if we ran a bit slow. Guess good day to take pictures.

True true. I'll bring a pop-up tent so we have some outdoor shelter from the rain and/or have something to park the bikes under.

floor is fine with me trust me, less I have to take down. and dont have to set up.:lol: Let me know if peeps are ok with that. I have to work tonight so I wont be checkin in after 7 or so, I hope to get off from work with time to get some sleep and pack in the morning.